Will he get banned? worried for kids

Convicted Driver Insurance

worriedmama

Hi, my ex was caught drink driving, tried to flee from police up a one way street and boxed in. Blew 48 at the station. Court date coming up soon.
Police told him to tell them how stressed/depressed/suicidal he has been.

Im hoping none of that would stop a ban? Worried as he takes the kids out in the car. Already written 2 cars off in last month due to lack of concentration (no alcohol involved them times)

None of that mitigation will avoid a ban of at least 12 months, possibly up to 16.

With good mitigation, there's a chance he could get the minimum ban - 12 months (which is reduced to 9 if he does the course). I've seen someone get 12 months after blowing 60 something. unfortunatly his case isn't helped by trying to flee. That is definitely an aggravating factor - and quite a serious one. I think a lot depends on what the prosecutor tells the court. If he behaved at the police station, they might not have even mentioned him attempting to flee in his report. The police process a lot of drink drivers and the section that actually describes the circumstances of the offence is often left rather empty with just real basic details like the location of the stop, reason for stop etc.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off