Glad to hear the forum helped you. Good luck and happy driving!!Hi guys,
i am due to come off my 13.5 month ban tonight and just wanted to say thank you to a wonderful forum which has helped me through a tough period of the year. The moderators and users of this forum have been friendly, given great advice and hope.
I wasn't the stigmatised repeat alcoholic drink driver, i was a student who made a bad mistake once and got punished for it (i deserved it)
Anyways, few pointers for how to get through your ban + when you get your license back:
- Keep your head down, and avoid the excessive drinking altogether
- get a routine going, and still do things which you would do if you had a car (use public transport) tubes, trains, etc
- Get a bike, not only did it make me healthier, it made me happy to take in so many amazing sights, and get to my destination faster.
- Dont punish yourself like a criminal, its not worth the emotional pain and it only drags you down
- Be positive, create a countdown app for your license return check it weekly!
- lastly, and most importantly, use this forum, talk to other similar people, it helps!
Thank you for all the life lessons along the way, ill be sure to never lose my license again!