Blew .88 advice/help needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Teddy85

Hi,

I was recently charged with dd. I had been at a client lunch most of the day and got the train home. I live a ten min walk from the Stn but for no reasons I can explain, decided to drive home! I hit a parked car on my own road... I quickly admitted I had been drinking and the owners called the police. I waited (in a crying mess) for the police and pleaded guilty to it there and then with full cooperation. I blew .88 at the Station.

I am at the top of the reading within the second ban and partnered with the small accident I am worried they will give me more than the stated 17-22 guidelines.. it's my first offence and I have had no run in's with the police, fully cooperative etc.... also should I have a solicitor represent me? I am pleading guilty and it is as it reads, hit a parked car blew .88 so not sure what a solicitor could do?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed!

Hi,

I was recently charged with dd. I had been at a client lunch most of the day and got the train home. I live a ten min walk from the Stn but for no reasons I can explain, decided to drive home! I hit a parked car on my own road... I quickly admitted I had been drinking and the owners called the police. I waited (in a crying mess) for the police and pleaded guilty to it there and then with full cooperation. I blew .88 at the Station.

I am at the top of the reading within the second ban and partnered with the small accident I am worried they will give me more than the stated 17-22 guidelines.. it's my first offence and I have had no run in's with the police, fully cooperative etc.... also should I have a solicitor represent me? I am pleading guilty and it is as it reads, hit a parked car blew .88 so not sure what a solicitor could do?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed!

Upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 88 sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a driving disqualification of between 17 and 22 months. As a first time offender you are likely to be afforded the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, successfully completing the course will reduce the period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

As the level of alcohol in your system exceeded 87.5 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath you will be classed as a high risk offender, high risk offenders are required to take and pass a DVLA medical before a driving licence will be issued to them upon expiration of their disqualification.

Magistrates' can deviate from sentencing guidelines, if the collision was minor then they are unlikely to do so in your case.

It is your decision as to whether or not you hire a solicitor to represent you. A solicitor can examine all evidence to ensure correct procedure was followed and can put together a well structured plea of mitigation on your behalf. Our guide to appearing at Magistrates' court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

Let us know the outcome of your court case as it may help others who find themselves in a similar predicament in the future.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off