Almot 90 days (89) since sending off my application.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hannah Love

I was convicted in June 2007, I told myself i would not applied for my license till I knew I was ok which was early this year (2016) unfortunately it took till Aug to have the funds to apply. I have had no issues with drink for years and don't drink any more. I have long term mental health issues which according to DVLA are ok as they wouldn't make me pay for medical if there were other issues. I had my medical 21st Oct 2016 ( I had to wait 4 weeks for the appointment). I spoke with DVLA Fri 11th Nov 2016 and they said it had been passed on to their medical depart marked priority. for my age I am pretty fit I ride on average 6,000 miles a year I had a blood test to check a few months before the medical and it came back ok. So what I would like to ask is does anyone have any idea how much longer I might have to wait.

Well finally after 112 days from my application in Mid August I checked yesterday and my license is no full with all pre HGV categories.
Time line
19/08/2016 sent off application
22/09/2016 (approx) letter to make medical appointment.
21/10/2016 Medical
09/12/2016 License reinstated

Forty nines days from medical to license.

It does seem to be a lottery with DVLA as to how long this process takes.....
Do you know if they sent an enquiry to your doctor? This can delay the process considerably.
Did you chase them regularly for a result?

It does seem to be a lottery with DVLA as to how long this process takes.....
Do you know if they sent an enquiry to your doctor? This can delay the process considerably.
Did you chase them regularly for a result?

I chased them from early Nov, all they said was it was marked as priority, followed that up with an email ans last week 30 Nov when I found out it was marked priority Nov 3, i do have other mental health issues but they said that they would not have sent me for a paid for medical if they were an issue which since I had the forms mid Sept for the medical I assume wasn't a problem, on e of the biggest problems was the 4 weeks for the appointment I think.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off