Caught drink driving twice 104 in breath

Convicted Driver Insurance

Penguin007

So first time I got done for drink driving was in 2010 and was only just over 50 in breath got a 12 month ban and DD course.

Now I have been charged for drink driving again (so depressed about it :(

I crashed my car into a skip on a quiet road, late at night and with no pedestrians around and then walked up the road and the police picked me up from a report. When they stopped me i tried running off. Don't know why I'd do such a stupid thing?? They didn't breathalyse me in the car and then at the station a blew 104.

Please could somebody tell what I'll expect to get? I'm terrified I'll go to prison!!

Will I get offered a second chance at the DD course?

I'm currently halfway through my apprenticeship and need my car for work :/

Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks

You will get a minimum 3 year ban, and it could go as high as 4 years. They may also consider a community order but prison is unlikely.
the option of a course will be down to the magistrates. We do often get people doing a second course. Be prepared to explain to the magistrates what has changed about you since your last course, and why the course material is more likely to have an impact this time.

Ok thanks for your reply!!
Do you think they will sentence me on the day if I plead guilty!
What can I say to help get me the drink drive course again? Cheers

What can I say to help get me the drink drive course again? Cheers

Only if you promise to listen to what they're saying....you clearly didn't the first time Penguin 007.

How anyone can have a drink driving charge once is bad enough but to have another one a few years later is shocking. I'm still reeling from mine 3 years ago even though it's all done and dusted. Since then I have been in a few situations where I've had a few beers and had my car keys in my pocket. Even though I could say I wasn't thinking straight or I'd had a bad day or whatever else I have never been remotely tempted to drive in that state. The flashbacks of 2012 are still fresh in my mind.
Remember, the purpose of the course is for actual rehabilitation of offenders, not just an easy way to get a ban reduced. The reduction is offered as some form of 'reward' for those who accept they were wrong and want to work towards not making the same mistake in the future.

So first time I got done for drink driving was in 2010 and was only just over 50 in breath got a 12 month ban and DD course.

Now I have been charged for drink driving again (so depressed about it :(

I crashed my car into a skip on a quiet road, late at night and with no pedestrians around and then walked up the road and the police picked me up from a report. When they stopped me i tried running off. Don't know why I'd do such a stupid thing?? They didn't breathalyse me in the car and then at the station a blew 104.

Please could somebody tell what I'll expect to get? I'm terrified I'll go to prison!!

Will I get offered a second chance at the DD course?

I'm currently halfway through my apprenticeship and need my car for work :/

Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,
minimum you will get for a second offence within 10 years is a mandatory 36 months.
I got a 12 month ban in 2008 for driving after taking codeine tablets which made me drowsy (fell asleep at wheel, crashed car) and I got a 40 month ban last year for drink driving.
I was scared too that i would go to prison, as that is definitely an option due to a high breath reading... but instead they gave me a suspended sentence and curfew/tagging. I doubt very much you would get sent to prison, but you could plan ahead and do what i did and packed a spare change of clothes when i went to court and made sure i had cash on me just in case.
Not sure about the DD course, as i wasnt even offered it at all! (I would gladly have taken it too).

R

Id bet money you get:

3-4 year ban, probably 40 months
15 week Drink Impaired Drivers Course (3 hours per week)
12 month supervision order (seeing a probation officer once every few weeks)
fine (£400 approx but its dependant on your current financial situation)
probably a community order (50-100 hours unpaid work)
you may get the course to reduce by 25% but its not likely

you will NOT go to jail, at the very worst you could get a suspended sentance BUT I highly doubt that either.

Tust me, i know!

Hi guy just to let you know what I got!!

36 month ban
240 hours unpaid work
£175 fine

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting !

I don't know why I was so worried

Thanks for all your help
Ps I'll never do anything so stupid again

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off