Stopped blowing 64mg.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Neil.88

Hi everybody.. a great place for some information.

First time ever stopped drink driving. No accident no other people involved. Full colour operation with police who actually very good.
My mistake. There's a big line between thinking you are OK and passing a breathalyser.
I don't drink ever however a leaving party and I have 4 beers. Never again.

I have 6pts from a speeding fine unfortunately. Dual carriageway forgot the speed dropped to 50
Are these now interlinked so when I go court it makes things worse.
I will plead guilty been told not to use a paid solicitor as there no bad circumstances but if possible speak to a duty one etc.

Any ideas on the outcome
I think I'm in the 17 month bracket.
Completely out of character and it certainly won't happen again .

Many thanks

The court will be formed that ou have 6 points on your licence, but this will not make a great deal of difference. You will get a ban, shown as a DR10 on our licence, but no points for this.
the ban will be 17-22 months, depending on how the magistrates view the circumstances. You can reduce this by up to 25% if you are offered, and accept, a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. There will also be a fine based on your means and a £20 or more (10% of your fine) victim surcharge.

Hi thank you again for your response..

In your opinion would I be offered the course ?
1st time drink driving offense.
Thanks

You should be, but sometimes magistrates forget! If you are not offered the course when the pay sentence you, ask them if you can do the course, then it will b hard for them to refuse.

Thanks for your information.

Very worried about this as never be been here before.

Is it worth writing an apology letter? If so when do you hand this in or do you read this out.

Hi Neil, i was in a similar position to yourself around 6 months ago and i blew 65mg. I was sentenced to 18 months with the course as an option, therefore reducing to 13.5 months and I'm off the ban Feb 2017.

It is likely you will end up with a similar outcome, i suggest you bring a letter of mitigation, from a few local good members of the community, or friends and family as the judge will look accordingly upon this. Reinforce that apart from this incident you were a good member of the community etc

Also dress smartly, it helps to wear a suit and tie definitely, you stand out from a lot of the s**m that are in courts day to day.

You will be in and out of the court in 15 mins so don't worry about employing a solicitor etc, an early guilty plea is enough.

Keep yourself busy, work hard and even enjoy the joys of not driving (if there are any LOL) and the ban will go quickly. I am just half way through mine, the first few months are difficult, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Peace x

Hi
Many thanks for your info.

Yeah I will dress smart for sure.

I've written a letter of apology and I'll have two references.
I'm a single hardworking dad who made a mistake.

What should my mitigation letter say..I don't mean lie etc but what should it say.. do I talk about what happened ? Or do I just make it clear I made an irresponsable decision etc?

I'm just a bit confused what I need to write about.
Never been in this position.

I'll Hope it goes quick I'll certainly save some money..
Got my bus ticket already before im even banned to get used to it.

For you actually have to talk in there or can this be given to the majistrate

Thanks mate

No worries buddy glad i could help.

So don't re-iterate the story, judges won't like to hear that/they have no time for it. make it clear that you made an irresponsible decision and that you are understanding of the consequences that could have raised from your actions. Express that you are willing to study the risks and dangers that may arise from DD (prompt for judge to give you course)

Write about positions of responsibly, and how it will impact your kids and job accordingly. Write about how your a hardworking family man.

You will not be required to talk in court, just hand the letter to the magistrates/helpers on the day. if you wish to speak you may.

Hope this helps bud.

Cheers buddy!

I will re write mine tomorrow at work lol.

I will just mention i made an irresponsible decision I'l mention I'm a hard working person and I've never done anything like this before etc.

I'll try and get on that course as well. I'm. Glad you can just hand it in as I wasn't sure if I had to speak etc.

I've also done a financial list thing not sure if that can be handed in as well along with the character refs and my mitigation/apology letter.

Cheers for your info

Hl again.

Just quickly I've got two character refs and a letter of apology is that all I need? You say I hand this in two somebody

Thanks

Neil

That should be fine. You hand it to the legal advisor when you are in court. (He / she is the person in front of the magistrates)

Sorry for all the questions. I'm. Just a bit nervous.

I've also done a financial sheet of my earnings and out goings. Do I hand my that along with it right away after walking in there?
So all I have to say is my name and address and confirm I'm guilty.?
Thanks for your help

You should be given a 'means form' at court to fill in that asks you about your 'disposable income' you can transfer your figures to that.
you only have to confirm your name and if you plead guilty. You can tell the magistrates some of what is in your letter, then hand it in, but if you are too nervous you can simply say that you have written down and would they please read it.

Thank you again.. I think I'll let them read it. I'm not the best speaker.

Last question I promise.

I've misplaced my driving license I will need to send off for a new one. Will this be a problem come the court day?
Thanks

I wouldn't bother sending for one, just tell the court that it has been mislaid.
You have to apply for a new one after your ban anyway.

Thanks for all your information!

It really is appreciated.

I hope it goes quickly in there but nervous but my own fault

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off