Dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Steptoe

Hi I have been given the date for a dvla medical blood test. 06/07/16 I don't drink much that often now but as the euro's football is about to start il be down the pub more often the drinking is not the problam it is doing cocaine when I'm out with my mates. Does the blood test look for cocaine and if it did how many days will it stay in my system

The blood sample that you provide is not tested for cocaine. If the doctor. Carrying out the medical suspected cocaime use then he could require a urine sample. That will show cocaine use in the past 48 hours for a casual user, but up to 10 days in a heavy user.

Thank you for not judging me. And for the advice. When the urine sample is taken other then actually looking for cocaine which you say lasts between 2-10 days. I've heard they look for something else which cocaine leaves in your system for a lot longer. Is this true

Yes, they are looking for a metabolite of cocaine, because the actual cocaine goes quite quickly.
below is a quote from a company who screen samples for drugs.
the mention of a month is where there is heavy cocaine use, coupled with heavy alcohol consumption, so that is worse case scenario from what you said, you do not fall into that category?

"The metabolite of cocaine, benzoylecgonine, is screened by most of the testing labs. This shows in urine till 3 to 5 days, or even a month if the dose intake was heavy."

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off