DVLA Medical and My GP

Convicted Driver Insurance

Drongo

Hello all this is my first post here

I got Convicted of, and Banned for, drink driving back in 2004; the ban was for 30 months so is obviously way past now!

However, in that time I kind of got used to not having a car and found it only a minor inconvenience for over ten years; now though I would like to be able to drive again.

In all those years I drank "socially" if that much - so far so good...However toward the end of 2014/early 2015 a few issues lead me to drinking quite a lot more than "socially"; probably 5 or 6 pints of lager most nights.

Since March I have been back to the more social level of 3 or 4 pints 3 or 4 times a week - I don't feel that is excessive, though they might do so.

Its not a problem for me to stop drinking for a few weeks prior to a medical, as long as there is a point to doing so (IE I get a licence returned).

The real question is I never see my GP, at all since 2008 - so they have no records of what I do or dont do - will this be a problem?

Not seeing your doctor for 8 years is nota problem, so long as you are still registered there. If you had seen another doctor elsewhere, they would have had to transfer your file over. The reply will just be that you are registered there but there are no record of any visits for 8 years. DVLA will not want to know about your history from that long ago so they will accept it as there being no concerns.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off