Help! caught out

Convicted Driver Insurance

sailordave

Was stopped last night, about 7.30 breathalysed it read 48, so to station and due to medical reasons a blood test was taken, this was at 10.05 at 11.30 breathalysed again read 20 whats my chances of the blood test reading negative, ? it was bloody stupid, wont happen again !!
any advice welcome
cheers sailor

Was stopped last night, about 7.30 breathalysed it read 48, so to station and due to medical reasons a blood test was taken, this was at 10.05 at 11.30 breathalysed again read 20 whats my chances of the blood test reading negative, ? it was bloody stupid, wont happen again !!
any advice welcome
cheers sailor

If your second breath test was 20 then you're in the clear!

If your second breath test was 20 then you're in the clear!

thanks routemaster,

are you seeing the times correctly, from the first drink at 5pm to blood test was 5 hrs, 2.5 hrs from first roadside test,( 48 read) and 4 hours from first roadside test to second breath test on a roadside device (20 read), I had 4 pints from 5 pm to 7.15 pm , also i drank loads of water whilst waiting for blood test (2 hrs) and took deep breathing exercise during this time (hyperventilating) ?
cheers for your advice
sailordave

Routmaster is trying to be positive for you but in reality there are 2 obstacles to giving a proper estimate of whether or not your blood sample will be over or under.....
firstly you say 4 pints. 4 pints of what beer / lager. The strength will play a large part in determining your reading.
Secondly, the readings you show for breath were from a hand held device. These are not reliable and only give an indication of your reading.
do you know if the same one was used each time? Was it the same officer who arrested you that used his machine to test you before release, or could it have been one device at the roadside in the car, then another device spare in the custody unit used before your release?

What was your medical problem that prevented you blowing into the machine? You were able to blow the hand held ones (but they are easier to blow into) Did you actually try to blow into the police station machine or did they accept the medical problem without you trying?
were you examined a doctor who confirmed your medical reason?

hi price
thanks for your input , yes it was ale/beer 4.1%, they were both roadside devices, but most lightly different because they had to go get one from somewhere , yes tried the fixed intoxicator i have c.o.p.d. so short on breath, they then decided it should be a blood test, i tried the BAC calculator on here using my first drink at 5pm and my test which is 10pm it came back 0.06 but hey so many factors to build in, (all I had was a sandwich earlier in day) the water i drank prior to test, hyperventilating etc

yes i know routemasters being positive for me as the answers i,ve given you here hopefully will help anyone in the know to give me there thoughts
thanks again
sailordave

The calculator does indicate a likely blood reading of 60.
you cannot rely on the breath result of 20 at 11.30pm, nor the 48 at 7.30pm, although I suspect the 7.30pm one is reasonably accurate if your 4 pints are correct, perhaps a bit on the low side. All in all, I would estimate that your blood reading at 10.5pm will be in the region of 65-75, allowing for the deduction that the laboratory make, either end of that has you under the limit.
i bet you never thought you would be grateful to have COPD, as a breath test earlier would have probably been over the limit.
I am not sure your hyperventilating...... With COPD....... had much effect!

hi ya price
really appreciate your response, its what i think, a hope rather than belief, and whatever the outcome thanks for the hope, but at end of day if i,m charged so be it, should,nt have been stupid, but i,ll let you know the result on may 20
cheers again
sailor

The calculator does indicate a likely blood reading of 60.
you cannot rely on the breath result of 20 at 11.30pm, nor the 48 at 7.30pm, although I suspect the 7.30pm one is reasonably accurate if your 4 pints are correct, perhaps a bit on the low side. All in all, I would estimate that your blood reading at 10.5pm will be in the region of 65-75, allowing for the deduction that the laboratory make, either end of that has you under the limit.
i bet you never thought you would be grateful to have COPD, as a breath test earlier would have probably been over the limit.
I am not sure your hyperventilating...... With COPD....... had much effect!

just been visited by the police to be told there will be no further action , i came in at 63 so you were spot on thank you all
dave

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off