HRO Medical 15 Years Later !!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

pier_six_brawl

So confused ...

I was convicted of a DR10 in the year 2000. Was banned for 2 years. had to retake my test and in 2003 had a new license after passing my test all over again.

Have driven for the last 12 years with no issues at all. In fact only ever got 3 penalty points in 12 years of driving!

My DR10 was a monsterous mistake that i made when i was 20 years old.

Now fast forward to today. In October 2014 i sent my license off to renew a photocard etc ... have been chasing it up ever since and was told before christmas it had been issued and was on the way to me.

Now i have got a letter from DVLA saying i have to have an HRO Medical in order to get my license back from them !!! I phoned them saying surely its a mistake as my conviction was 15 years ago !!! they said, no they want me to take the medical as they should have made me take it in 2003 when i re-applied for a new license.

Is this right ? how can they make me take a medical for something that occured 15 years ago ?? i dont see how its relevent at all.

any advice would be massively appreciated

thanks

So confused ...

I was convicted of a DR10 in the year 2000. Was banned for 2 years. had to retake my test and in 2003 had a new license after passing my test all over again.

Have driven for the last 12 years with no issues at all. In fact only ever got 3 penalty points in 12 years of driving!

My DR10 was a monsterous mistake that i made when i was 20 years old.

Now fast forward to today. In October 2014 i sent my license off to renew a photocard etc ... have been chasing it up ever since and was told before christmas it had been issued and was on the way to me.

Now i have got a letter from DVLA saying i have to have an HRO Medical in order to get my license back from them !!! I phoned them saying surely its a mistake as my conviction was 15 years ago !!! they said, no they want me to take the medical as they should have made me take it in 2003 when i re-applied for a new license.

Is this right ? how can they make me take a medical for something that occured 15 years ago ?? i dont see how its relevent at all.

any advice would be massively appreciated

thanks

Perhaps this post may shed some light on the situation you now find yourself in. The DVLA issued thousands of driving licences to people who were classed as high risk offenders in error, as they should have been required to take and pass a DVLA medical before obtaining their licence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off