Should I say ive stopped drinking completly at DVLA Medical?

Convicted Driver Insurance

jsuthers7

Hi all! Hope everyone is well... my ban finished in December 2013.So nearly a whole year ago! I would love to have started the whole process of gettin my license back but just havent had the money to do so. Luckily, ive just come into some money so am gonna start the whole process.

Just wanted to ask if its best to tell the doc that ive completly stopped drinking, of course im going to have a detox leading up to the day but Ive seen the question report on this forum and they seem to ask "how often" do you drink and several other questions on the matter. I mean im not a crazy binge drinker but I probably do drink around 7 cans every saturday.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Thanks alot ......

The only advice you will get from me is to be honest at your medical.......

The only advice you will get from me is to be honest at your medical.......

Thanks, yeah my plan is to be competly honest.

Honest for me is i do have a drink every weekend, as i havent had a car. Just wondered if telling them this they would reject my medical and lisence

Hi all! Hope everyone is well... my ban finished in December 2013.So nearly a whole year ago! I would love to have started the whole process of gettin my license back but just havent had the money to do so. Luckily, ive just come into some money so am gonna start the whole process.

Just wanted to ask if its best to tell the doc that ive completly stopped drinking, of course im going to have a detox leading up to the day but Ive seen the question report on this forum and they seem to ask "how often" do you drink and several other questions on the matter. I mean im not a crazy binge drinker but I probably do drink around 7 cans every saturday.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Thanks alot ......

Could someone give a link to access the medical questionnaire please?

I believe that this is the latest form, I have not seen an update to it. Before anyone decides to try to deceive the doctor by saying they have not had a drink problem, you need to be aware of the declaration that you are signing on the form. If you say no problems, but this is patently untrue when they check with your doctor, you can be held to account:

I declare that I have checked the details I have given on the enclosed questionnaire and that, to the best of my knowledgeand belief they are correct.
“I understand that it is a criminal offence if I make a false declaration to obtain a driving licence and can lead toprosecution.”

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/320711/DR1V_.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link to the form price1367

I have 3 questions I am slightly unsure of how to answer below, if you can help please?

Q. Please answer ALL questions and provide dates WITHIN THE LAST 3 YEARS HAVE YOU:-Yes No) been dependent on or misused alcohol.

A. Not been dependent though take it I will have to answer `YES` as I obviously misused when getting convicted of DD is this correct?

Q.had an accident/injury, including a road traffic accident, as a result of your alcohol intake?

A. The courts have me down as refusing to give a specimen, so will I have to answer yes to this as well as I was involved in an accident is this correct?

Q. Please list ALL tablets/drugs or prescribed medication that you are taking at presentName of tablet/drug or prescribed medication Dosage (the amount you take)Yes No8. Do you currently have any injury, illness or medical condition that could affect your driving?If Yes, please explain

A. I take melatonin in the mornings to help me get some sleep during the day as I work nights, is this classed as a medical condition that could affect my driving? Was always well awake by the time I was behind the wheel at night.

Cant see anything in any of the other questions that would cause any problems.

Bit disappointed that they class dependent & misused in the same category in Q.1 though as someone could have a blow out one day after 6 months of abstinence at a special occasion, does that make them dependent on alcohol? Either way if you have been convicted of drink driving I feel you are forced to answer yes to this one.

Thanks price.

Glad to read you can answer `NO` to the dependent/misuse question if you are not dependent, as getting caught once for `DD` is not likely to constitute misuse in their eyes, question is a bit ambiguous the way it is put however.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off