Blood Test timeframe - LGC no records of sample

Convicted Driver Insurance

LFCfan

Hi. I am still waiting for results of my BAC test approx 6 weeks aftre the incident. I have tried calling the Police officer who is on holiday also I have learned that LGC Forensics can not find the sample. They have asked me for the barcode which I do not have and also my name which I provided but they have found nothing on file. How long do Police have to send in the sample? Also how would storing the sample longer affect the results? How can I be sure it has been stored correctly or if it has been with couriers for a long time which might affect the results. The wait is really affecting my daily life now and I am so worried, cant focus on much else! This is a nightmare!

The sample should be kept refrigerated to be viable. Obviously the longer it is unaccounted for, the better the case for you.
it may be that the officer has gone on leave and forgotten to post it, so it is still at the police station..... But where?
i know you want this resolved, but as I said, the longer it takes, the better it could be for you so I advise that you sit tight and make no other enquiries or offer any information to assist with finding the sample.
i take it that you are due back at the police station, after about 6 weeks, see how you get on then, they may well rebail you while further efforts are made to locate the sample.

Hi. I am not sure if you recognise my username but you have been helping with my questions on a different thread which I thank you for. I am not sure if the sample has been sent in or not but I know that LGC can not find it with my name only, I have called on several occassions. Maybe someone spelt my name incorrect but it is easy to spell and quite a common surname. The wait is really tough for me. I will take your advice and not follow up until my bail date which is the 10th November, almost 3 months after the incident! I was concerned that the samlpe may be stored for this ammount of time or incorrectly and how that may affect the results. Will the BAC change if it is stored for a long period even in the fridge? Thanks again.

I do indeed remember you.
If stored appropriately then it can still be viable weeks later, but that would be the basis of a possible defence, if it has gone 'missing' then turns up much later, how can the prosecution be certain that it has been stored appropriately? Therefore, the longer it is missing, the better it could be for you...... Patience and enjoy driving!

Hi. Over 8 weeks and still heard nothing. Does this usually mean that I am going to be charged? I am not even sure the Police have my phone number to call me if I am under 0.80. The stress this has caused and the ammount of worry, guilt and uncertainty this is causing along with what actually happened (reversed 30 yards, barefoot to get out of the way of some ********s driveway who had threatened me) is punishment enough! Only another 3 weeks until I have to attend the Police station. Total 11 week wait! Will never put myself in this position again that is for sure!

Hi. So I have called today and been told I am being charged by post. Blood was 103. That's all I know right now.. How can I defend myself and put across the circumstances, I cant afford a solicitor if it's 1000s. I moved my car all of 50 yards, in reverse, with no shoes on. This was because I was threatened by lads to move the car. I will lose my job, maybe house and family over this. Feels very unfair, what can I do?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off