want to change jobs and retrain with drink driving and driving without care and atten

Convicted Driver Insurance

crazycat lady

Right in February I was in a bad place and the girl who never ever got in trouble for anything managed to get arrested for drink driving and driving without care and attention. Terrible I know! Still so ashamed and annoyed with myself now!
Anyway I work in a boring supermarket, but I want to start volunteering with animals. Do I have to disclose my criminal record and if so do I tell them in my cover letter or later on. It's a big ban - two years reduced to 18 months with that driving course.
In the future I want to retrain but need the experience first. Have I completely ruined my chances???

You shouldn't let your DD conviction stop you from following your aspirations. I believe in honesty so if anyone asks I will be 100% truthful. I will not disclose anything more than I need to though (and certainly nothing once spent) - unless I'm being interviewed by Mother Theresa I do not feel the need to justify my actions to anybody.

We've made a mistake, apologizing for ever and a day and excusing yourself from trying to move forward in your life won't help one bit.

Wouldn't have thought a DD conviction would make a great deal of difference for a voluntary job with animals.

As I understand it your conviction will be spent as soon as your ban expires, unless you also got a fine in which case it will not be spent for 5 years. Once spent then you can forget about mentioning it for most jobs that don't involve working with children or vulnerable people.

Wouldn't have thought a DD conviction would make a great deal of difference for a voluntary job with animals.

As I understand it your conviction will be spent as soon as your ban expires, unless you also got a fine in which case it will not be spent for 5 years. Once spent then you can forget about mentioning it for most jobs that don't involve working with children or vulnerable people.

My understanding is that offences for which a fine are imposed now become spent after just 12 months. See http://www.parliament.uk/Templates/BriefingPapers/Pages/BPPdfDownload.aspx?bp-id=sn01841

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off