Temporary Driving License

Convicted Driver Insurance

bexbg

Hi there

My ban ends in August time and I am currently waiting for permission to book my medical. The issue I have is that I am going away for 6 weeks from late July until September, so my medical would need to take place after my ban ends. My question is if my medical has been booked to take place in September am I legally allowed to drive from mid August when my ban ends, or do I need to have participated in the medical first before the DVLA can issue a temp license?

Thank you for your help

Hi there

My ban ends in August time and I am currently waiting for permission to book my medical. The issue I have is that I am going away for 6 weeks from late July until September, so my medical would need to take place after my ban ends. My question is if my medical has been booked to take place in September am I legally allowed to drive from mid August when my ban ends, or do I need to have participated in the medical first before the DVLA can issue a temp license?

Thank you for your help

If you were convicted and disqualified before 1st June 2013 you may retain legal entitlement to drive under Section 88 of The Road Traffic Act 1988 once your disqualification has ended and before the DVLA can determine your fitness to drive. In order to ascertain if you are entitled to drive under Section 88 you will need to contact the DVLA directly who will be able to clarify and provide written confirmation. If the DVLA confirms you can drive under Section 88 you should enquire if your legal entitlement to drive under Section 88 applies in the area you are travelling to.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off