Got stopped blew 47 and 50

Convicted Driver Insurance

fizz123

Hi guys I got stopped drink driving on Saturday
cos my reading was under 50 (47) they ask me if I want to
go for blood test so I said yes. I must have consumed
around 7 units in total. I was breathalyzed at 4am. For some reason I got lucky
the doctor arrived at 7:45am in the morning. I m wondering
if my results will come under the limit .
Any help would b appreciated

Hi guys I got stopped drink driving on Saturday
cos my reading was under 50 (47) they ask me if I want to
go for blood test so I said yes. I must have consumed
around 7 units in total. I was breathalyzed at 4am. For some reason I got lucky
the doctor arrived at 7:45am in the morning. I m wondering
if my results will come under the limit .
Any help would b appreciated

You have to add a bit more detail.... Male or female? What drinks did you have and what time? Did you eat before drinking, and what part of the country were you stopped in?

I'm a male 25 years old 5.9inch tall weigh 80kg.
i had abt 6 shots of whisky with coke double.
started drinking at 11 last drink wast around
2:45am in the morning.

My best guess would be a reading in blood of about 55 - 60. The legal limit is 80, so I think you will be OK.
The reason that I asked where were you dealt with is that some forces do a back calculation, where they ask the laboratory to calculate, from the blood reading, what it would have been at the time when you were driving. I am not aware that the Met do that routinely, although any force might do that following a serious accident to prevent people escaping responsibility.
As you did not have an accident, all in all I believe you will have had a lucky escape and you will be able to thank your lucky stars that the police doctor was busy for several hours.
I doubt you would be that lucky if it happened again.....!

Last edited:
Fizz123,
thanks for letting us know, pleased for you, and good for me to know that I can still do my calculations, as I worked out 55-60.

have the Police confirmed that they will be taking no further action and your bail is cancelled, I.e. They are not doing a back calculation?

I m no longer needed to surrender I guess
met police Dnt do bk calculations
thanks for you help mate :)

I was drinking 8 o'clock until 2 am. Had four pints of San Miguel between that period. Had dinner before I went out then before I went driving I had more food and probably piss 4 times. I blew 47 and I had cigarets before I got stopped. I'm 22 male and weight is 35 kl. I asked for a blood test but they said the doctor couldn't come.so, I took the urine test.i will say I had 4 glasses of water before the test and pissed 5 time during the period of 8 to 2. What are the chance of passing the urine test ?

Steven,
You say you were drinking until 2am, what time did you blow 47 and what time did you provide the second urine sample?
Also, can you clarify your weight?

Steven,
You say you were drinking until 2am, what time did you blow 47 and what time did you provide the second urine sample?
Also, can you clarify your weight?
I blew 47 on the breathlyzer, that was at 2 o'clock . My actually last drink was at 1 o'clock then I went to eat and had few cigarrest before I got stop. I did urine 5 times between 8 to 2 am and had five glasses of water. Another thing is that they took the urine example at 3 o'clock then breathlyzed me half an hour later to see if I was well to drive home and I scored 35 on the breathlyzer.

Stephen. Prepare for the worse my friend. When I blew 47 and did my urine test, mine was over! I only had 4 pints, ate after and waiting round ages before driving. I think my urine result was 122 or 117. I wasn't miles over, but still. We live and learn.

I'm 22 years old 6.5 ich tall and 35 kg.

Steven,
I don't want to be critical of what you say, but are you giving the correct details? You are 6 feet 5 inches tall and weigh 5 stone 7 pounds?
that is extremely light for any adult male, let alone someone 6' 5''....
if the details are correct, do you have some significant health problems?

Last edited:
let me tell you what happened in details : i had dinner at 7.30 then went drinking from 8 until 12 . 12 of oclock was my last beer, then i went to get something to eat. after that which was around 12.40 before getting into my car then i had few cigarettes, i got pulled over by the police within 5 mins of driving then he breathlyzed me and just hancuffed me (time 1 AM)and said i was over the limited then i went to the station thinking i should be fine. they breathlyzed again then twice scored 47 then he said i could have a urine test or a blood test then i asked for the blood test but then he refused because the doctor would be able to come.so, the urine test took place i will say around 2 oclock then at 2.20 they breathlyzed to see if i was fine to drive back home then i scored 35. okay, the only reason i could think i dropped dramatically it was because i pissed propably 5 times between 8 oclock to 2 and had 5 glasses of water. considering that my last breath test was done 20 mins after my urine test what are the chances of passing... im under a lot stress as my future job depends on this and my family live in america and i wouldnt be able to see go there with criminal records

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off