Student social worker, please help!

Convicted Driver Insurance

set25

I am a student social worker in my last few months of getting my degree. Very stupidly I went out with my so called friends and was arrested lated that evening for drink driving. I blew 70 and pleaded guilty at court where i received a 22 month ban and a two hundred pound fine. Not only has this turned my life upside down as i had to move back in with my parents in order to take my child to and from school but i also now face the possibility of being thrown of my course which i have worked very hard for.

I have no previous convictions and have never been in trouble with the police I just happend to be very stupid and irresponsible that night!. I now have a meeting with the course director in the next few days who have warned me that it may not be taken lightly, especially as a student social worker I am supposed to behave professionally both inside and outside of the workplace.

I am also due to start my placement in the next few days, which has now been put on hold.

Does anyone know the likelyhood of me being taken of the course?, do you know anyone this has happend to?, Please help!:(.

P.S I am also booked on to do a rehabilitation drink driving course.

I find it really annoying when people classify drink driving as 'Something not to be taken lightly' it frustrates me as so many people get caught and realise it was a simple mistake and never do it again.

I really hope you do not get chucked off your course, i'm sorry I cant help you with your question but it is a hard one to answer as it's targeting a very small amount of people.

I work for a company where I had to drive but they moved me to an office job to save me....If you do not need to drive for your job your training for then I find it a joke you could be thrown off.

Jobsworth, me thinks :rolleyes:

Let us know how it goes.....Oh and where are you taking your course? I've been banned for ages but am only taking it this saturday for 3 saturdays...(forgot to mention, im taking it in broxbourne)

regards,

I can tell you what happened to me and hope you get a better result. I was about to become a student midwife.

I was told to write a statement of exactly what had happened, outlining the circumstances of the actual offence, details of how I was arrested and the punishment given. I was told this would be seen by the director and he would make a decision, I was also told that it would not automatically mean being taken off the course, so I was hopeful.

I wrote the statement, adding at the end how sorry I was, out of character, ashamed etc etc...I got a reply 4 weeks later saying I had been withdrawn from the course. I was gutted beyond belief. My career and previous studying all to pot, thanks to that stupid night.

I was informed by my tutor that the problem is, there are so many applicants they can afford to pick and choose so obviously they will go for those without a conviction.

I hope that the fact you are in your last year might go in your favour, it would seem a bit of a waste to throw you off now. Problem is everybody thinks we are raving alcoholics unfortunately and it makes me so angry. That's my sorry experience anyway, others may have been luckier.

I hope you get a good result and I wish you the very best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

I am a student social worker in my last few months of getting my degree. Very stupidly I went out with my so called friends and was arrested lated that evening for drink driving. I blew 70 and pleaded guilty at court where i received a 22 month ban and a two hundred pound fine. Not only has this turned my life upside down as i had to move back in with my parents in order to take my child to and from school but i also now face the possibility of being thrown of my course which i have worked very hard for.

I have no previous convictions and have never been in trouble with the police I just happend to be very stupid and irresponsible that night!. I now have a meeting with the course director in the next few days who have warned me that it may not be taken lightly, especially as a student social worker I am supposed to behave professionally both inside and outside of the workplace.

I am also due to start my placement in the next few days, which has now been put on hold.

Does anyone know the likelyhood of me being taken of the course?, do you know anyone this has happend to?, Please help!:(.

P.S I am also booked on to do a rehabilitation drink driving course.
I know this post is from years ago, but I’m wondering how you got on with this? Were you allowed to complete the course and register with the body?

You are not going to get an answer to this, I’m afraid, the post is from 10 years ago and the person has not even been back to view any replies since the day they posted the message!

if you click on the name in a post, and then click again when their profile comes up, you can see how many posts they have made ans also when they were last online. This gives you an indication if they are active or not

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off