Hey guys, just a check in

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jetsetter

So my story was back in 2013, nicked for drink driving, banned for 12 months, world fell apart. I got over it. 3 years on I'm paying 400 quid a year to drive a 2015 BMW 320d. My visit here is too really reach out to those who have repieced themselves after a valuable lesson. How are you? Glad you got caught when you did, and not after killing someone? I know as sure as hell I am. :)

So my story was back in 2013, nicked for drink driving, banned for 12 months, world fell apart. I got over it. 3 years on I'm paying 400 quid a year to drive a 2015 BMW 320d. My visit here is too really reach out to those who have repieced themselves after a valuable lesson. How are you? Glad you got caught when you did, and not after killing someone? I know as sure as hell I am. :)
I must admit, my original attitude was "I wish I had been able to escape" however in the months after this, after much self-reflection, my attitude has significantly changed. I am incredibly lucky. It's been a hard few months, but it's coming to the end now and my life is better for it. I'm more knowledgeable after my excellent course and I feel as though I am in control now. I know that it's easier and safer to take a taxi. The reasons for driving were never justified and now I am thankful. Nobody got hurt, I'll never do it again and ultimately, once I am back on the road, this will have been consigned to history. Things could have gone very differently.

Hi, thanks for this thread. I am about to finish my ban, I can drive come the 1st July. I was a right mess, I even turned up to my hearing drunk. Like you I have done a lot of soul searching since then. In a weird kind of way I am glad I was caught it forced me to face up to something which I knew was a problem but was too scared to admit. I have managed to save about £10K since I stopped drinking, it makes me realise how much money I pissed down the toilet. This wasn't all on alcohol but also on junk food to help with the hangover, copious amount of diet pepsi, drunk online shopping etc etc. It has benefited my life in ways I didn't realise it would. Yes it was hell to go through and I feel for everyone going through it.

Hi, thanks for this thread. I am about to finish my ban, I can drive come the 1st July. I was a right mess, I even turned up to my hearing drunk. Like you I have done a lot of soul searching since then. In a weird kind of way I am glad I was caught it forced me to face up to something which I knew was a problem but was too scared to admit. I have managed to save about £10K since I stopped drinking, it makes me realise how much money I pissed down the toilet. This wasn't all on alcohol but also on junk food to help with the hangover, copious amount of diet pepsi, drunk online shopping etc etc. It has benefited my life in ways I didn't realise it would. Yes it was hell to go through and I feel for everyone going through it.

A late visit back. I also took a knock on the head over it after binge drinking. The money I spent on booze I can only now picture myself standing in the pub toilet throwing tenners down the toilet asking it to take tomorrow away with a hangover, and with a rather obnoxious flush thou wish be granted. It's not in everyone's nature but I've been dry ever since my time on the stage of shame, felt happier in life since. When I wake up on Saturday and Sunday and the sun starts shining in through the window, it really makes me appreciate my other half and our now 2 year old boy and everything around me. Fri/Sat used to be a total write off pre-conviction. Like yourself I'd rather not have had to go through all the stress, but let's consider ourselves luckly; nobody hurt, nobody behind bars.

Last edited:
When I wake up on Saturday and Sunday and the sun starts shining in through the window... let's consider ourselves luckly; nobody hurt, nobody behind bars.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Nearly 28 months into a 42 monther but every day that goes by is making me value what I've lost through my own stupidity. Just finished composing my letter to send to the court to get the early return/ reduction process started but I'm going to start posting how that goes once I hear back ;)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off