Drug driving help please please please

Convicted Driver Insurance

jcyprus96

Dear Forum,
Hopefully someone here can put my mind at ease somewhat.
On July 17th 2017 (13 weeks ago) i was swabbe. Having smoked a single small paper with a sprinkle of weed in an hour previous it came back positive. I was subsequently taken for bloods. However since then i have heard NOTHING. I was not told i was on bail either.
Ive read it is usually 6-10 weeks for samples to be tested. This timeframe is now surpassed.
I just feel i am totally in the dark on this. What a wonderful organised police force we have....

Dear Forum,
Hopefully someone here can put my mind at ease somewhat.
On July 17th 2017 (13 weeks ago) i was swabbe. Having smoked a single small paper with a sprinkle of weed in an hour previous it came back positive. I was subsequently taken for bloods. However since then i have heard NOTHING. I was not told i was on bail either.
Ive read it is usually 6-10 weeks for samples to be tested. This timeframe is now surpassed.
I just feel i am totally in the dark on this. What a wonderful organised police force we have....

You could always give the police a call to chase it up and enquire about the blood sample in order to put your mind at ease.

There could be any number of reasons why you have not heard anything. It is possible that the blood analysis took longer than usual, or the officer in charge of your case is on leave or they have a high workload or indeed a combination of all three resulting in a delay.

There is a statutory 6 month time limit after the alleged offence for information to be served to the court about this offence and criminal proceedings to be instigated.

I was done for drug driving a few years back. Your are not on bail because you have not actually been charged with an offence yet. Unlike drink driving which the police can prove at the station, your drug test has to be sent away to a lab, therefore they did not have the evidence to charge you at the time. If it's comes back positive then they will officially charge you as they will have had it confirmed. When this happened to me I was put in a room rather than a cell (as wasn't been charged at that time) & told I'd be charged in due process, if I tested positive which I did! At the cop shop stage you are only suspected. D'ya what I
Mean? Do not expect them to be quick
With communication, they never are, but phoning should give you an idea. Did you give you a blood sample to take home, to get independently tested?? If not I'd get a decent lawyer right away as your should have that for your defence. Also if it's positive.. check the levels against what it's actually permitted before making a plea (new drug driving laws fromcirca 2015 allow for tiny levels in system to account for passive smoking etc) they will let you know the levels they found on the charge sheet. If you only had a 1 paper spliff with a sprinkle of weed you might just scrape by m8. Good luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off