Joining British Transport Police

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bootneck1

Hi first post here.

I was convicted when I was serving in the military a good 13/14 years ago(Life does get better) I have been in positions of responsibility either as a Royal Marine and a Navy Diver. I want to join the transport police and having emailed the recruitment office they replied that as long as 10 years has passed it should be fine. I also have 3 points on my licence for speeding. I tried to explain my self in other forums but you just get the usual reply of you can't be trusted for anything and lack integrity which I beg to differ because now I work in the Explosive ordnance disposal industry as civilian contractor. I am just in the process of doing the forms but my stupidity back then makes me wonder if its even worth doing.

Has any tried going for the police or any other service ?

There's quite a few serving officers with historic 'motoring convictions'. That's what a good friend of mine told me. She's been in a couple years now.

Apparently joining as a special constable is an easier way in - but then obviously you don't get paid.

Just give it a go. The green beret will definitely make your application stand out :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off