Recent DVLA medical, contacting my GP, how long will it take?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pecorell

Hi, I have recently been for my medical after request from the DVLA. I have today received a letter (1 and a half after my medical) saying thank you for attending, we now have your results and in order to progress your application we must write to your GP, once a response is received, out medical team will make a decision on whether you are fit to drive.
Can anyone tell me how long I can expect to wait and whether this is a good or bad thing? Would the dvla just have said no if my doctors results were bad. I have absolutely no history where drink is concerned in with my gp? Any thoughts or shared experiences would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Hope this doesn’t happen to me, I explained to the medical doctor that I haven’t got a GP, last time I went the doctors was bloody 2008 and in a completely different city to where I live now, never re registered as I haven’t needed to go.

I just rang the DVLA medical team and they received all my paperwork an resukts last Friday ??? only had medical last Tuesday, lady on the phone said they’ll be making a decision this week, so fingers crossed.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off