Licence revoked - alcohol dependency

Convicted Driver Insurance

Livingfree

Hi guys, not specifically drink driving but I had my licence revoked in August 16 due to previous alcohol dependency. I was in a really bad relationship and going through a tough time and stupidly thought that binge drinking was the answer. Turns out that leaving my partner in August last year was the real answer and I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since then plus had regular blood tests at my doctors. However, a few weeks after we separated I received a letter from the DVLA stating that a 'third party' had reported me as being previously alcohol dependent and they did some enquiries. Doesn't take a genius to work out who that may have been. Anyway, I had discussed this with my doctor previously and as it is on my medical records, the DVLA revoked my licence for 12 months from 22nd August 16. I didn't even realise that you had to notify the DVLA about this, fool that I am! I re-applied for my licence at the beginning of July 17 and filled in the DR1 etc. Unfortunately I missed the section of the report that mentions eyesight so had to send it back in again a few weeks later. The DVLA said 8 days ago that they have now written to my doctor which may take a further 6 weeks. My doctor said he posted the form back to them on Monday this week. I get the feeling that this whole process is going to take a long time. My question is, does anyone know how long should I expect to wait and what happens after they get the info from my doctor giving the green light. Is the next step a medical and does anyone know how long should this whole thing take? I'm not getting my hopes up for anything to happen soon judging by the other threads.

It took them 6 weeks to give me an answer, which was not good. Here is a quote from the DVLA letter I got yesterday, they have revoked my license from alcohol dependency. I have not been offered a medical. They say "you have a history of alcohol dependence within the past 12 months, therefore you must not drive" "We will only accept an application from you when a minimum of one year free of alcohol dependence has been achieved". I have not touched a drop for 6.5 months, but that is not taken into account, neither is the fact I have completed a drink drive course.
It sounds like it will be down to what you Doctor says and hopefully your license will re-appear. Good luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off