How long should I expect to wait?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Confused idiot

I was breathalysed at hospital by police who'd found my car. I blew 67 (I think, the memory is very hazy), I then provided a blood sample a couple of hours and a bag of IV fluids later. The police took a statement in the back of their car once the hospital discharged me and dropped me home. This happened on July 15th and I've yet to hear anything further. How long do blood results normally take to come back?

It's now been eight weeks, the not knowing either way is horrible. I was never arrested or charged with anything at the time despite blowing 67 in hospital. The police took blood a couple of hours later after I'd been given IV fluids and then took a statement from me in the back of their car once I'd been discharged. They then very kindly gave me a lift home declaring I wouldn't hear from them again unless the blood came back positive. I have no memory of even leaving the party I was at that night and certainly no memory of walking back to where I'd parked my car with the intention of picking it up the following morning, getting in and attempting to drive home. My memory goes from chatting happily whilst nicely merry at the party to waking up in hospital. Even more strange is that where I crashed the car (into a gate and not a person thank goodness) wasn't even on the route home. I'm still aghast at having driven under the influence as I have always been dead against drink driving and have never even entertained the idea before, much less done it. It's horrifying to think that I could have killed someone or left my children without a mother. I'm so ashamed and embarrassed that I've only told my closest friends and my manager (I thought it best to be honest and upfront with work as any
Charge would show up on my next DBS anyway). I have not even told my parents as they'd be (rightly so) utterly disgusted with me.

The results can take 6-8 weeks, but then he paperwork has to be completed and submitted, then a summons raised. Not safe yet, they have 6 months to commence proceedings.

I was breathalysed at hospital by police who'd found my car. I blew 67 (I think, the memory is very hazy), I then provided a blood sample a couple of hours and a bag of IV fluids later. The police took a statement in the back of their car once the hospital discharged me and dropped me home. This happened on July 15th and I've yet to hear anything further. How long do blood results normally take to come back?

i was in a similar situation, with roughly similar breath levels, how long was your wait till blood test ? i waited 6 hours till my blood test due to police own confusion i also had a iv dehydration fluid given to me flushed me right out. i have been waiting for 14 weeks now really getting to me no response from the police

Just to clarify, my accident was at 10pm and blood was taken at 4am in hospital. Same circumstance, took a while 3/4 months but with a bac calculation to the time of my accident I believe it read 40mg of blood which is half the legal limit and at the time of the accident it was 156...

It would seem not. I've come home to a court summons this evening. 107mg of alcohol in 100ml blood.
First time offence, what am I looking at and do I need a solicitor?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off