DVLA Medical questionnaire HELP PLS

Convicted Driver Insurance

Scubasteve

Hi Everybody

here goes so so I have a my medical coming soon well in sept and have concerns with the medical questionnaire, I have no concerns with my cdt test as I don't drink loads just the odd 4 pack of Stella on the weekends. But have been abstinent for over a month now and prob ride that out til the med.

the prob I have in 2015 when I got banned my wife left me and took the kids so hit the bottle pretty bad so after months of heavy drinking went to the docs for help and was given Librium as a result, so I have a dependency/misuse on my medical records, I last saw the doc on march 2016 to have a chat telling I was cool emotionally coping with the separation and getting on with a happy normal life consuming under normal amounts of alcohol.

i was wondering when filling out the questionnaire with my previous history and being honest will this affect the reissuing of my licence?

HELP PLEASE

if it was me I would stay off the booze, get to your GP asap tell them you haven't drank since you last saw them in march 2016. If you pass your CDT test and your recent history is documented you will get your licence back.

with being prescribed Librium that shows you were alcohol dependant and unless you can show you have had 12 months abstinence the dvla could go on the side of caution and not issue a licence. do you know when you were last prescribed it as this may have some bearing on the decision and when did you last speak to your GP about alcohol.

best look at the questionnaire first on the dvla .gov site... that will prepare you for the questions.

I failed my first medical even though I had not drank for 6 months and passed the cdt test as I had been diagnosed with cirrhosis 10 months earlier...to them that was when I last drank.

Good luck

Hi thanks for the reply,

im trying to get the history from my Docs but there a nightmare, asking me to bring in the form, surely can't they just tell me my history, this is stressing me out so much, just want my life back.

i think the Librium was prescribed sometime late 2015, oct/Nov time does this class as a detox programme?

i think basically I'm screwed and my life continues to be screwed

well not yet....your GP should let you look back through your records, best make a double appointment, be pleasant and sit down and explain things. remember it all hinges on what your doctor tells the dvla, if he believes you have been drinking in the last 12 months he will tell them that and you wont get your licence back. you really need your doctor on your side

Librium will count as a detox.

what was your reading by the way and was there any other circumstances like a crash?

Yeah trying to get an appointment now so hopefully can sort it!

I blew 82 but unfortunately I had a previous which was 9 years and 11 months between the 2, there was no accident.

Hi Splodger

so how long did you abstain before your medical and what was your drinking habits like before if you don't mind me asking?

I was a heavy drinker when I got banned and drank more during my ban up until taking seriously ill leading to spending 3 weeks in hospital where they told me I had cirrhosis, doctors told me if I carried on drinking I would be dead within 12 months.

so it was an easy decision for me to stay abstinent. like I said I applied after 6 months and got refused re-applied at 10 months of abstinence and got my licence back before the 12 abstinence was up.

Hi not an expert but if you pass the CDT there should be no reason for them to contact your doctor. Have you looked at the questionnaire on line that they ask?
I know there is a copy somewhere on the forum.

Hi Yeah have looked at the questionnaire, and didn't really want to lie just in case it came back and bit me on the ass!

the first in the past 3years have you been dependent or misused alcohol

from my med recs I'd have to say yes

undergone detox

again I'd have to say yes cause of my med records

the rest would be a no

Im so stressed about his whole process, I've learnt from my ban why does it have to look at a point in my life when I just wanted help and then judge me for it

I was a heavy drinker when I got banned and drank more during my ban up until taking seriously ill leading to spending 3 weeks in hospital where they told me I had cirrhosis, doctors told me if I carried on drinking I would be dead within 12 months.

so it was an easy decision for me to stay abstinent. like I said I applied after 6 months and got refused re-applied at 10 months of abstinence and got my licence back before the 12 abstinence was up.

Hi Splodger,

spoke to to the doctor today, and there happy to verify I haven't attended the docs since may, and I told here I have abstinent since may 2016 which she is happy to confirm if asked by the dvla.

so u think I've got a shot? Glad your sorted now, well I'm guessing

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off