Sharing information with doctor

Convicted Driver Insurance

rcb_82

Hi all

I have sent off for my licence & awaiting dvla to write back about medical.

The advice I'm asking is about the 2 last questions on dr1 form about "Inform the outcome of this test with your doctor" & "release medical information discovered during the investigation of my fitness to drive to my doctor"

What is your opinion on this do I have a right to say no & protect my privacy or will this make them suspect???

I will be giving consent to contact my doctor if need medical records but not too sure on these other questions

Also how many people are actually honest on these forms ???

For me it does not matter if dvla inform my doctor about anything, the only problems I could see it creating is with an employer asking to see your full medical records which by law you don't have to show them.

and yes I was honest on my forms as it was the only way I could get my licence back after failing a medical.

was I 100% honest with my doctor, probably not.

So what i am trying to find out is i can tick no to this then without causing concern to medical panel ?? i would rather not have my medical record noted with my drink driving etc

Well, I ticked no on my first application and didn't get my licence....on the second I ticked yes and got my licence back.:confused:

to be honest I can't see what difference it makes as its about your fitness to driver.

So if i tick yes & dvla update my record & inform doctor of pass results (fingers crossed) & there is a past depression & alcohol issue could he then write back to dvla & get revoked

Getting a bit confused here..... Your an high risk offender and will do a dvla medical at one of there approved doctors and have your blood taken for a CDT test. They will then send a questionaire to your GP asking about your alcohol use.... From that they make there descisions.

Do they always contact your doctor then ??? I thought it was depending on your cdt score as per dvla when I called & enquired few months back ... we have spoke about this before I believe ... if you re read what I put its not about consent but updating medical records after the outcome of cdt test etc

I don't think the advice your getting is sinking in.....your looking at it from the wrong angle.

you blew 103.....I beleive reading your previous posts so your a HRO

they will contact your GP....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off