My experience

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sillygoon

I really wanted to share my experience with people as during my ban I read some horror stories about the medical (not in this forum)

I was banned for 30 months for being 3x over the limit. I had severe depression and turned to alcohol and stupidly took the decision to get in the car. Proberbly drinking 2/3 bottle of wine a day!!

During my ban I got myself sorted mentally and still enjoy a drink I don't drink as much as I did but proberbly still too much if the healthcare guidelines go!!

I got my letter to reapply for my licence, and I went on an all inclusive holiday which was drinking everyday and when I got back I didn't drink for 14 days knowing my medical would be coming up, on the 15th day I was advised by the dvla that my medical letter would be at least another two weeks away so I went out for a birthday party and had 5 large glasses of wine, just my luck, Monday morning my letter arrived! I was absolutely ****ting myself to say the least! I made the appointment and it was 13 days away so obviously I stayed off it until then. I went for my medical it was a nice doctor who asked a series of questions, took blood and I had to take some clothes off which I found horrific!! And parted with £120 cash!!

So I've been sat at home worrying about the results after what I have read on forums and I had no need too my cdt was 1.1% and my driving licence was issued today. ?

So in my opinion all those people who say they don't drink very often and only had a couple and failed the medical even after taking milk thistle they are deluding themselves ? or they are sick f***s who are scare mongering ?

I hope this helps at least one person relax during what is a pretty ****ty time in their lives

Happy driving folks when it comes ?
Feel free to ask me questions if you think I can help

New policy!! Never drink and drive ??

Toot toot
Silly goon

I really wanted to share my experience with people as during my ban I read some horror stories about the medical (not in this forum)

I was banned for 30 months for being 3x over the limit. I had severe depression and turned to alcohol and stupidly took the decision to get in the car. Proberbly drinking 2/3 bottle of wine a day!!

During my ban I got myself sorted mentally and still enjoy a drink I don't drink as much as I did but proberbly still too much if the healthcare guidelines go!!

I got my letter to reapply for my licence, and I went on an all inclusive holiday which was drinking everyday and when I got back I didn't drink for 14 days knowing my medical would be coming up, on the 15th day I was advised by the dvla that my medical letter would be at least another two weeks away so I went out for a birthday party and had 5 large glasses of wine, just my luck, Monday morning my letter arrived! I was absolutely ****ting myself to say the least! I made the appointment and it was 13 days away so obviously I stayed off it until then. I went for my medical it was a nice doctor who asked a series of questions, took blood and I had to take some clothes off which I found horrific!! And parted with £120 cash!!

So I've been sat at home worrying about the results after what I have read on forums and I had no need too my cdt was 1.1% and my driving licence was issued today. ?

So in my opinion all those people who say they don't drink very often and only had a couple and failed the medical even after taking milk thistle they are deluding themselves ? or they are sick f***s who are scare mongering ?

I hope this helps at least one person relax during what is a pretty ****ty time in their lives

Happy driving folks when it comes ?
Feel free to ask me questions if you think I can help

New policy!! Never drink and drive ??

Toot toot
Silly goon
Hi silly goon
Glad to hear good news
Did they contact your doctor at all
How long was the process
Thanks x

Hi silly goon
Glad to hear good news
Did they contact your doctor at all
How long was the process
Thanks x

Hi! Yes I think
It is standard procedure to contact your doctor now I think it was just a questionnaire the doctor didn't contact me about it, if you get your doctor to fax it back to the dvla it speeds up the process a fair bit. Everything was pretty much on time throughout the whole process apart from getting my licence which was 2 weeks late and it's only been issued for 1 year so I presume I have to go through the medical again next June ?
Are you going through the medical process just now? X

Hi! Yes I think
It is standard procedure to contact your doctor now I think it was just a questionnaire the doctor didn't contact me about it, if you get your doctor to fax it back to the dvla it speeds up the process a fair bit. Everything was pretty much on time throughout the whole process apart from getting my licence which was 2 weeks late and it's only been issued for 1 year so I presume I have to go through the medical again next June ?

Yes just sent my d27ph form off last week but im dreading the medical !!! how comes you only got for one year ???? x

Hi! Yes I think

Also ... when you went thru medical questionnaire did you answer yes to anything ??? x thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off