Time frame to rule out mouth alcohol during breath alcohol test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Blackhood

Is it proper protocol for officers to pull you over right after leaving a bar or pub? This is a question I am very interesting in because in the procedures of conducting an alcohol test, there should be a fifteen minutes waiting period to rule out mouth alcohol. The time frame is very important because a person can have just two drinks and if they conduct a test before the fifteen minutes period, their result can be over the legal limit. I believe this will not be the true blood alcohol concentration of the individual. I am on my third dui because of police officers waiting for me to drive out from the bar car park. Please advise.

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with the police pulling you over at anytime when you are driving a motor vehicle on a road or public place.
There should be a 20 minute gap between your last drink and a breath test, but the officer only has to wait if he has reason to suspect that you have, in fact, had a drink in the past 20 minutes. He does not have to ask, but if you volunteered, say, that you had a drink 10 minutes ago, then he should wait another 10 minutes.
in any case, there would have been a much longer period between you having a drink and blowing into the evidential machine at the police station, and this is the reading that you are being prosecuted for, not the roadside one.
My advice would be to change your drinking habits as regards driving if this is to be your 3rd conviction.....

Last edited:
Is it proper protocol for officers to pull you over right after leaving a bar or pub? This is a question I am very interesting in because in the procedures of conducting an alcohol test, there should be a fifteen minutes waiting period to rule out mouth alcohol. The time frame is very important because a person can have just two drinks and if they conduct a test before the fifteen minutes period, their result can be over the legal limit. I believe this will not be the true blood alcohol concentration of the individual. I am on my third dui because of police officers waiting for me to drive out from the bar car park. Please advise.
You are on your third conviction because you blew over three times.

How about a taxi?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off