Are you doomed to a bad paid job after a DD conviction?

Convicted Driver Insurance

NotGood25

As the title suggests.
It seems anything medical related is a no go. Or any job which asks for a criminal conviction unspent, or a DBS check, you have no chance over the next potential employee with a clean record.
I ask because i've been convicted and awaiting court. I planned to go to Uni to study Optometry in September, which requires a DBS before the course starts.
I'm not holding out much hope, and I expect i'll be rejected now, and spend another year at home with my parents but this time with no car (im 26).
I'm struggling to see a reason to continue, university was my light at the end of the tunnel to pull myself out of this rut and make something of myself, and I go and ruin it with this DD conviction. I could ask to change course to something which doesn't require a DBS like biological sciences but that doesn't interest me as much. Optometry is close to my heart for a lot of reasons and I had my heart set on it.
I feel like a scumbag, not worthy of employment or education.

As the title suggests.
It seems anything medical related is a no go. Or any job which asks for a criminal conviction unspent, or a DBS check, you have no chance over the next potential employee with a clean record.
I ask because i've been convicted and awaiting court. I planned to go to Uni to study Optometry in September, which requires a DBS before the course starts.
I'm not holding out much hope, and I expect i'll be rejected now, and spend another year at home with my parents but this time with no car (im 26).
I'm struggling to see a reason to continue, university was my light at the end of the tunnel to pull myself out of this rut and make something of myself, and I go and ruin it with this DD conviction. I could ask to change course to something which doesn't require a DBS like biological sciences but that doesn't interest me as much. Optometry is close to my heart for a lot of reasons and I had my heart set on it.
I feel like a scumbag, not worthy of employment or education.

absolutely not ......learn from what has happened....move on .... be thankful you didn't hurt anyone( I am assuming there).... make a positive out of the experience

Couldn't agree more with peterm41's comment there. It may seem like your world has ended at the moment, but things do (eventually) get better. You adapt to life without a license and make the best of it.

Learning from your mistake is the main thing and it keeps you focused when you do get back on the road.

Speaking from personal experience, the hardest part was getting the first few months of the ban out of the way. After that the time flew in.

No, dbs is for child abuse..... I got a very responsible job in a university after a enhanced dbs check showing shoplifting, possession of class A and HRO dr10.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off