Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Reddragon11678

Hi all, I have just received a letter off the dvla stating that they have written to my gp for further information? How can my gp give any input when I have only seen a gp 3-4 times in the past 6 years, I did go to gp about drinking too much which was about 8 years ago, was drinking heavy for a few months, but I'm not an alcoholic and only drink 2-3 times a month now, and have done for years, inadstained from alcohol for 6 weeks before my blood test, was just worried about them writing to go, last time I went to the go was around 4 years ago, any help would be much appreciated, thank you

From the history you have quoted there should be no problems. Your GP will simply say that there is no relevant history in the past 3 years and you should get your full licence back. Just depends on how long the doctor takes to reply as to when you here from DVLA.

Thank you for your input, I was hospitalised as I crashed my vehicle and injured another person, not seriously thank god. My reading was very high will they take this into account, this was in July 2014 and I was convicted December 2014, as far as my gp is concerned I have definitely not been there in the past 3 years regarding anything.

The high reading is probably why DVLA Are playing it safe and checking with your GP, but he / she will give the all clear so you should be fine.

Ok, thanks for your reply price1367, sorry to be a pain, butt I told them I went to the doctors in 2010, at least that's why the dvla told me I said in the medical, could of been 2011 or 2012 I don't know, don't keep a personal record of myself lol, they won't do anything about that? Thinking I lied?

Can i ask what your high reading was because i blew 103 in breath & wondering if this would trigger them to contact doctors ??

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off