1 year licence issued after DD ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

kimbo

Hi, I`ve recently got my driving licence back after a drink driving ban. My ban actually finished in 1994 but I never bothered to re apply untill now.
Here`s a copy of the letter informing me of the decision to give me a short term licence. I think the reason to give me a short term licence was because I told them that I had, had a drink problem within the last 3 years.I did a detox in june 2015 and have not drank since.

My questions are, will I have to pay another £90 when I reapply for the licence after a year and will I have to have another medical and pay another £98.50 for that as well.
Thanks for reading
Kim

Last edited by a moderator:
You will not have to pay for the next medical.
DVLA may well just get you to fill in the form and check with your doctor. If there have been no more episodes then as your detox was, by then, 3 years ago then they may well just issue you with a full term licence.

If there have been no more episodes then as your detox was, by then, 3 years ago then they may well just issue you with a full term licence.
Thanks for replying,
My new licence runs out on the 03.03.2018 and I had the detox on the 08 june 2015 so it`ll be 3 months short of 3 years. So when they send me the renewall forms 3 months before my licence expires it`ll be 6 months short of the 3 years.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off