Drink driving ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

bonnie1989

I'm just looking for abit of advice if possible and thank you in advance
;)

I was fined and charged for drink driving 2nd Feb for 36 months but the court agreed to shorten my ban and take of 36 weeks if I complete a course by 25 March 2019 - I'm just wondering as I'm useless at maths when would I be able to apply for my license back if I complete the course to a satisfactory level?

Also I'm aware I'm classed as the HRO so will need to ave a DVLA medical - what happens regarding this? Do I need to complete D1 then DVLA go from there? Also I like a drink but in no way drink in excess or an alcoholic, how would I avoid drinking when coming up for a DVLA medical?

Last edited by a moderator:
I make it that you will be able to drive on the 26th May 2019.
This means that you can put your application in on 25th February, but to do that you would have had to have completed a course at lease 2 weeks before then to allow for DVLA to be notified of your completion.
If you left it until 25th March to complete your course it would eat into your application time to get your licence back.

I make it that you will be able to drive on the 26th May 2019.
This means that you can put your application in on 25th February, but to do that you would have had to have completed a course at lease 2 weeks before then to allow for DVLA to be notified of your completion.
If you left it until 25th March to complete your course it would eat into your application time to get your licence back.

Thank you. :eek:)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off