Blood test sticky situation

Convicted Driver Insurance

lbea

Hello there all. So Saturday I slid off the road car rolled into roof airbags deployed total loss. Battered bruised cracked rib hairline fracture on sternum broken finger I had to literally climb out of my car I didn't even notice I was upside down till I couldn't get out as soon as I braced for impact I closed my eyes.. really sharp bend wasn't speeding dark wet country road. Ok so I had 2/3 thatchers ciders after work with my friend last drink (pint) of thatchers before 10pm. All ok but got something in my eye eyelash and tried to rub eye and went straight into the hedge rolled in and scrambled out...so emergency services came out fjre brigade police and ambulance. I did a breath test and I was absolutely shocked at 71... I'd eaten fast food earlier and picked at food through the day I felt fine totally competent and had to go hospital because was in a bad way. Had to had a blood test done accident about 10.10pm maybe before bloods took 3.53am. What's the likely goid of being within the limit I'm so worried I didn't think I'd be over the limit on my drinks i didn't crash because of that my eye had something in, the road was pitch black slippy and wet wasn't speeding as was trying to find way home in area I didn't no. I've been told can take weeks for results, at hospital I was drinking water as was in shock and allowed to although arrested and was allowed to use the bathroom on 3 occasions. I can't get to work without car does anyone no what the likely hood of being in limit after 5 hours+ just over of no drink I was very distressed and now having nightmares about being stuck in my car. Any help would be grateful. Also got a vial of my blood not sure why.

The hand held result of 71 isn't evidence as they are not always accurate, but it indicates about 10 units of alcohol in your system. 3 pints of Thatchers would be about 9 units, less what you would have broken down in your system after you started drinking. That meant that you had more like 4 pints of Thatchers, maybe more according to what you started drinking that evening. I am surprised that you were surprised that you were showing as over the limit.
having said that, you did not have a blood sample taken for some 5 1/4 hours after you were breath tested. It depends on various factors but as a rough guide you would expect a reading of about 76 in blood, with 6 deducted at the laboratory, so 70. The legal limit is 80. It will be close, and it is also open to the Police to ask for a 'back calculation' to work out what your reading would have been at the time of the accident. This is not always done, but it is a possibility.
You are right that the result may not be available for 6-8 weeks, but you can get your own sample analysed if you want to know in a week. You have to pay for this yourself and it costs in the region of £100. (That is why you are supplied with a sample when the doctor takes one for the Police)

Thank you for your reply. I was very surprised as been working and I brought 1 and my friend did but I did leave to take a long call outside and was an upsetting call came back and I had my drink I didn't even question it me and my friend brought no more then 2 that I know for sure . I have been told now that even 1.5 would be over the limit and I no so many people that would drink 2-4 pints and say there safe to drive I now know that's never the case. I was so lucky to of crawled out of there and not to of hurt anyone else I feel badly ashamed and disgusted with myself I was on way home by 10pm finished work at 6 had food in my stomach. The road I was on was a dark slippy wet country lane I didn't no. I wasn't speeding I had something in my eye and was trying to clear it I just misjudged the bend. 10 years driving I've never crashed ever they had no lights down there I saw lights in distance so couldn't use full beam as thought it was a car coming the recovery people admitted it's an awful Sharp bend. But I say this to people and they just assume it's the alcohol content I was totally coherent and cooperated fully im now suffering with nightmares as was upside down disorientated couldn't get out.this is a very big wake up call. If I do not loose my licence I will never even have a single drop when driving 2 hours bus ride to my job 1 way.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off