Nervous about medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just finished my dd course so now awaiting the certificate. Was at a friends wedding on the 18th and got really, really drunk, I'm still young and healthy (under 30 gym running etc 2-3 times week)and had not drank anything before the wedding for 3-4 weeks as I'm really no a massive drinker. Have i shot myself in the foot here for the medical as i am wanting to book it asap? With the reduction of the course i should be driving mid feb 17.

Just finished my dd course so now awaiting the certificate. Was at a friends wedding on the 18th and got really, really drunk, I'm still young and healthy (under 30 gym running etc 2-3 times week)and had not drank anything before the wedding for 3-4 weeks as I'm really no a massive drinker. Have i shot myself in the foot here for the medical as i am wanting to book it asap? With the reduction of the course i should be driving mid feb 17.

Hi there
Most people have reported here that around 4 weeks abstinence is enough time to achieve a satisfactory CDT result so you shouldn't worry yourself too much.
I had my last drink on New Year's Day this year and had my medical on January 25th, so in all 23 whole days dry, and got a result of 1.0%.
I hope that helps.
Good luck!

The whole test is ridiculous, surely they will know the difference between someone that's a raging alcoholic and someone who has a wild night out once in a blue moon, its bad enough being banned this amount of time but taking blood and being accused of having a drinking problem is another thing!!
Is one night really going to have blown this for me?
Complete and utter joke!

The whole test is ridiculous, surely they will know the difference between someone that's a raging alcoholic and someone who has a wild night out once in a blue moon, its bad enough being banned this amount of time but taking blood and being accused of having a drinking problem is another thing!!
Is one night really going to have blown this for me?
Complete and utter joke!

No not at all. I was just stating that it really isn't necessary to abstain for months on end to achieve a low CDT result.
The CDT test can identify someone who regulary (as in daily or almost daily) consumes more than about 50g of alcohol a day (or session) of alcohol but the doctor will be on the look out for other symtoms of heavy daily drinking during your physical exam.
If it was a one off at the wedding then I'm sure that you will be fine.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off