DVLA medical and timescales x

Convicted Driver Insurance

danbo1987

Hiya, I was banned last june and got a 24 month ban with the 25% reduction, this site has been massively useful to me so thanks guys :)
I had my medical last Thursday, prior to the medical I didn't drink for 27 days.. my drinking habits before the abstinence were maybe 2 or 3 bottles of wine a week tops. Im really worried about my results as over a year ago I went to my GP for antidepressants and told her I think I drink too much, anyway I came off the anti d's and never saw her again, ive also moved across the country and have never seen my current gp for anything apart from contraceptive.. maybe im worrying for nothing however I have chased the dvla since yesterday and they just advised they received the blood results on Friday but are still waiting on the questionnaire, my ban is not up till January so I mean its no rush however id like to get a car sorted and just stop worrying.... how long usually does it take for the results or for them to have an answer for you?
this whole thing has deffo taught me a well learnt lesson!!
Thanks in advance xx

Hi,

As I had just recently had my medical I thought I would reply.

In terms of your drinking habits and your CDT I wouldn't worry about it you should be fine as I drank a lot more than you on a daily basis and you have abstained a lot longer than I did.

I took my medical on a Monday - The doctor faxed my questionnaire and related forms at the end of the appointment I was actually sitting there when he did it so DVLA would have received it same day.

I rang the next day and my test results were already back. It then took them 5 days so by the following Tuesday I checked online and I had a full driving license issued and received a few days after in the post. All in all it took a week and it was all done.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much... I actually rang again this morning and was told full licence issued :)

its such a great feeling knowing its finally over x

Ahh that's fantastic news....pleased for you...

Seems they were even quicker on your case than they were on mine!

I've got my medical at 9am tomorrow morning!!!! So literally you found out in about a week? Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off