DVLA Contacting Doctor

Convicted Driver Insurance

simples

This morning I received a letter from the DVLA informing me they had wrote to my doctor to find out if there are any concerns about my medical condition affecting my ability to drive. (I was advised by my doctor to revoke my own licence) After 6 months I reapplied but my doctor wrote on my DR2 form that I was dependent and so I had to wait 12. Anyway does this mean I still have to do a medical for CDT medical

Sorry must add it's been revoked because of alcohol, put on my DR1 I had 2units in feb but nothing since. I was under the impression you did the CDT meical 1st THEN contacted your GP if there were problems

For drink driving you normally have the medical with a CDT test, then if considered necessary DVLA coNtact your doctor for their opinion.
As you had your licence removed for medical reasons then they may well just consult your doctor, but they are entitled to make necessary enquiries to satisfy themselves as to your suitability to drive. They could ask your doctor to carry out a CDT test to assist with their decision.

Price1367 Thanks a lot for that, I actually applied after 6 months and the GP completed a DR2 form then, he gave me a copy and I used this to fill in my DR1 this time. so as far a he's concerned nothing has changed and so should fill it in the same. My medichecks came back at 0.8% so i'm not really worried about a CDT medical just how long it takes now. I'm hoping the DVLA won't wanna pay for a medical as well as a GP's report

Well the DVLA have the DR2 from the doctor just waiting to see if i have to do a CDT does anyone know how long it usually takes for the DVLA to make a decision after receiving the DR2?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off