Renting in USA with a UK DR10 conviction

Convicted Driver Insurance

pendes

Hi - am new to this site / forum, so apologies if I am in the wrong area or doing something wrong. I have a DR10 conviction (offence date: 26th July, 2011, expiry date: 17th August 2021). I have served my ban (20 months reduced to 15 months) and have been back driving in the UK for a few years. Next July, I am holidaying in the US and will be looking to rent a car with Budget. Does anyone know if there are any issues with my ability to rent a car (with Budget) given my DR10 conviction, please? I have rented twice in Europe since I returned to driving and had no issue. I am hoping that because I have essentially served my ban, then I am able to rent in the US. I am aware my conviction remains on my licence until August 2021 (although curiously, only on the paper part of my UK licence but not on my ID / photo card part). Would appreciate anyone's expertise or experience. Thanks

International rental companies, including Budget, say that they will not rent to someone with a drink drive conviction for 5 years. In practice, this seems to not be enforced (including in the USA) as they have not asked for the counterpart to a UK licence, so have no way of knowing.
In any case, 5 years have now elapsed since your conviction so There should be no problem with you renting a car in America.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off