Disqualification finally over

Convicted Driver Insurance

Darkdays

Hello readers! I'd like to add my experiences as this forum has helped/comforted me in the darkest time of my life...I was banned for 24 months, reduced to 18 after the course..I applied for my licence/blood test 8 weeks before disqualification up..got my appointment within 4 weeks and rang the dvla yesterday who confirmed my licence is in the post! I felt so sick waiting for her to tell me I'm good to go and so cried happy tears when she told me.. I do like a drink but I stayed off it for 17 days prior to blood test, except 4 pints cider, drank lots of water and have never exercised/ eaten so healthy! My disqualification is up at midnight tonight! I can't tell you how happy I am for this hell to be boxed off and forgotten.. There is life after a ban folks, just dig deep and lesson learned ??????

Re: Hro medical (your experiences)

Have you been out for a drive yet?

Hello readers! I'd like to add my experiences as this forum has helped/comforted me in the darkest time of my life...I was banned for 24 months, reduced to 18 after the course..I applied for my licence/blood test 8 weeks before disqualification up..got my appointment within 4 weeks and rang the dvla yesterday who confirmed my licence is in the post! I felt so sick waiting for her to tell me I'm good to go and so cried happy tears when she told me.. I do like a drink but I stayed off it for 17 days prior to blood test, except 4 pints cider, drank lots of water and have never exercised/ eaten so healthy! My disqualification is up at midnight tonight! I can't tell you how happy I am for this hell to be boxed off and forgotten.. There is life after a ban folks, just dig deep and lesson learned ??????

Congratulations!! Are you going to request your test results?

Got confirmation that I could drive on Tuesday and received my licence in the post on Thursday. I've already put about 200 miles on the car outside of my 2 mile commute to work. I might contact the DVLA and get my blood test results, but having any dealings with their medical team is not something I ever really want to have to do in the future! Needless to say the results would be positive after abstinence for over 5 months, and counting.

yes! Me and my son were out at 7.30 am Saturday morning and I've not really stopped since! I haven't requested my blood results..I can drive again and that's all that matters! If I can go through that self imposed hell with two young kiddos, recently deceased parents and a nightmare ex then you can too! New chapter now, good luck to you all and remember, it's not forever! X

yes! Me and my son were out at 7.30 am Saturday morning and I've not really stopped since! I haven't requested my blood results..I can drive again and that's all that matters! If I can go through that self imposed hell with two young kiddos, recently deceased parents and a nightmare ex then you can too! New chapter now, good luck to you all and remember, it's not forever! X

Good for you!
Good luck with everything!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. I was banned on 13/01/16 for 15 months (minus 25%), free to drive again from 12/01/17, and I was doing OK up to about a fortnight ago but recently it's really started to get to me. The halfway point is 20/07/16 and hopefully once I'm past that date I'll be descending the mountain rather than climbing it and things will get easier again. But right now it's really tough and just short of seven months seems like an eternity.

Less than 2 months until my ban is up, cant wait for it! In the meantime I have been practising my driving abroad where i am not banned! instead of driving I have taken up cycling as my hobby too!

where have you been driving abroad where you do not need a licence to drive?

hi David, hope you're doing ok now, we're nearly in September and Autumn with the countdown to Christmas goes so fast! You'll be driving again in no time xx

Thanks, it has been going a lot faster since my halfway point on July 20th and you're absolutely right, November and December always do fly past! I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Hi
Glad the ban is over.The next step is to keep off the drink again while driving.A lot of people i know who have been banned start to drink and drive after about 18 months.Worst time i expect is the week end,better to get a taxi.A shared taxi comes cheaper,if you have to pay your self just think how much is a licence worth.Next time it will be longer ban an fine.Hope you do well.
Oscar.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off