evidence

Convicted Driver Insurance

silly mistake

Bit of a paranoia question .I am not an habitual drunk driver but I have done it. Can the police arrest you days , weeks or months after the fact with no scientific evidence apart from witness statement from pub saying seen you drinking ? Like an ex saying he was at a pub weeks ago on cctv drinking a lot and then drove home ?

That would not happen.
for a prosecution, there is the need for evidence, not opinion. The only "expert" for drunkenness is a police officer, not an ex.

The only time that sort of evidence is used is after a serious road traffic collision.
you may be on CCTV drinking, but not on it driving.
were you drinking beer or shandy? CCTV doesn't show that.....
if an ex went to the police saying I saw xxxx drinking, then he drove home,a few weeks ago, there is no way they would attempt to prosecute for that.

So even if cctv shows me drinking and records me driving away.i still can't be prosecuted on cctv evidence or winess statements alone? Because they have no readings or accidents etc . Will put it down to stupidity and will never do it again. Thank you

Relax, in theory, such evidence could be used for a prosecution, if necessary, but in practice, with no collision / injury, the police have far better things to do, and people drink driving tonight to catch, for them to take any such report seriously.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off