US Visa with drunk driving conviction

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alisonl

Hi there

My son in law has a drunk driving conviction where he reversed in to a lamp post two and a half years ago whilst being slightly over the limit, and got a small fine. Becauase of this he thought he should apply for a US Visa. He went to the embassy for an interview yesterday, which was not an interview at all, they merely looked at his application and said he had to see a doctor for a medical. Luckily he managed to get an appointment with the doctor in the afternoon. The doctor asked him questions and said because he had said he had an occasional beer mid week and 3 or 4 glasses of wine at the weekend, that it was unlikely he would be granted a Visa??!! She did continue with the blood and urine tests however( which seemed pointless if the embassy will go on the questionnaire and not test results, not to mention a waste of £350 for the tests!!). Does anyone have any idea how likely he will be to be granted a US visa please? Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Hi there

My son in law has a drunk driving conviction where he reversed in to a lamp post two and a half years ago whilst being slightly over the limit, and got a small fine. Becauase of this he thought he should apply for a US Visa. He went to the embassy for an interview yesterday, which was not an interview at all, they merely looked at his application and said he had to see a doctor for a medical. Luckily he managed to get an appointment with the doctor in the afternoon. The doctor asked him questions and said because he had said he had an occasional beer mid week and 3 or 4 glasses of wine at the weekend, that it was unlikely he would be granted a Visa??!! She did continue with the blood and urine tests however( which seemed pointless if the embassy will go on the questionnaire and not test results, not to mention a waste of £350 for the tests!!). Does anyone have any idea how likely he will be to be granted a US visa please? Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks

I cannot comment on the likelihood of your son in law being granted a U.S. visa. However there is a rather long thread here that may be of use to you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off