Can high Iron dosage reduce your CDT??

Convicted Driver Insurance
Thoughts?

In reply to the assumption of getting a 'false negative' i.e cheating the test, why dont you make the effort to pass?

It would show your respect for the safety of other road users.

My personal opinion is that no alcoholic or HRO should be issued a driving licence unless they prove otherwise (at there own expense), on a monthly basis for x amount of time. Should they fail, their licence should be taken away until they can show they are safe.

All this nonsense of remain abstinent for 12 weeks etc is no assurity at all that once they get their licence back they will not once again be a risk to others.

Driving is a privilege not a right!

Hi all,

Just founds these links, showing that a massive iron increase in your bloodstream can help to post false negatives or even reduce your CDT count??

Thoughts???

Think I'm getting me some 10x strength iron tablets...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10051465

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...84ChDoAQg7MAU#v=onepage&q=4 weeks cdt&f=false

I agree with Hewl, you have been given a good indication of the timescale to pass the medical, but as a good driver you should address your drinking rather than looking at ways of cheating the test.
In your desperate search for the cheat you desire, you lack the knowledge to even understand what you are finding. You are sadly mistaken in thinking that the medical condition Iron Overload can be replicated with some extra strength iron tablets...... And if that is your 'cunning plan' I suggest that you also research the side effects of taking too many iron tablets as well, so you can have a balanced view of what you may be doing to your body.

I'm not trying to cheat the system to obtain false negatives just wanted an opinion if it could help.

I don't know whether you have been in this situation Hewl or are in it now but any additional help to eradicate your body throwing any false positives was more to the point.

With regard to your comments on making an effort to pass properly and get my licence back, it has been 5 years of not driving, paying cab fees and other penalties to live for my night in error that has effected me not only on a monthly basis but daily.

12 weeks i complete nonsense I agree. That is why I am going to wait a month and do it as your results should be near as damn it normal by that time.

Also, anyone can be a risk on the roads, HRO's, grannies, the chap next door. Even you, when you're putting your lipstick on you melon.

Will let you know once I have got the results. I'm expecting a 1.7%

:p

I'm not trying to cheat the system to obtain false negatives just wanted an opinion if it could help.

I don't know whether you have been in this situation Hewl or are in it now but any additional help to eradicate your body throwing any false positives was more to the point.

With regard to your comments on making an effort to pass properly and get my licence back, it has been 5 years of not driving, paying cab fees and other penalties to live for my night in error that has effected me not only on a monthly basis but daily.

12 weeks i complete nonsense I agree. That is why I am going to wait a month and do it as your results should be near as damn it normal by that time.

Also, anyone can be a risk on the roads, HRO's, grannies, the chap next door. Even you, when you're putting your lipstick on you melon.

Will let you know once I have got the results. I'm expecting a 1.7%

:p

No, I havent been in this situation as I dont drink and drive. So who's the melon??

I agree anyone can be a risk on the roads but you and all the other drink drivers have proved you are, thats a BIG difference

Jjohno,
oh dear oh dear, you have not even real Hewl's post and understood that properly.....
He clearly meant that it was a nonsense to just abstain for 12 weeks and then go back to old habits whilst driving again, not that 12 weeks abstenance was not required to pass if you drink a lot. There has been no mention here or in the links you posted of eradicating "false positives", you are clearly looking to cheat the test.
Normally I stick to offering positive advice, but on this occasion i am happy that you take your test early, in the hope that failing gives you more time to consider how you intend to be more responsible on the road. Even teetotal people can produce CDT readings of 1.7 so I will you well with the ambitious result that you anticipate.
It has been said on here a number of times that people are happy to give support to drink drivers who show remorse and to offer constructive advice on how to get through the process, but I am struggling to see any positives out of what you have reported. I agree 5 years is a very long time to be without a licence, I would be the first to say that I would hate to be without my licence. But surely at some point, towards the end of that ban, it is not asking too much for a person to prepare to go back on the road, not to continue to drink at the levels you have reported and then look at how to fiddle the test for your own gain.

Apologies to you both.

I'm really playing devils advocate to a certain degree as I've got a piece of paper in front of me saying I've got 5 weeks to do a medical. Had no idea about this test longevity into previous alcohol consumption and it's been my birthday, Christmas and many other alcohol induced evenings recently.

I do think I have done enough over the last 5 years. It's been tough but I have always drank quite a bit anyway. This test will hopefully help me get back to normal if nothing else.

So you guys both drive? Why are you on here? Do you get paid? Do you enjoy mocking honest, decent, law abiding high risk offenders? Hmmmmm?? Hewl I still think you're a melt by the way.... ?

Oh and I think you paid guys need to check your data. I think it's 2.5% not 2.2%. Minutes don't mean squat.

http://impact.ref.ac.uk/casestudies2/refservice.svc/GetCaseStudyPDF/41298

You say you have done enough but what exactly have you done in the last 5 years if you are now concerned you will fail a CDT test? I'm sure it's been tough for you, I have no doubt about that. But the inconvenience of being without a licence is a separate matter to whether you should have a licence. Sure, time may be up and you are now entitled to re-apply but you have no automatic right to that licence if your lifestyle hasnt changed.

So you guys both drive?

I do

Why are you on here?

It's a public forum

Do you get paid?

Yes, I work full-time

Do you enjoy mocking honest, decent, law abiding high risk offenders?

No. I don't see where I have mocked you or anyone else. You asked for thoughts, not for thoughts only in agreement with you. You posted in a public forum so expect the opinions of others that may disagree with those of your own. If that upsets you, I would suggest that perhaps you are the 'melt' :p

Apologies to you both.

I'm really playing devils advocate to a certain degree as I've got a piece of paper in front of me saying I've got 5 weeks to do a medical. Had no idea about this test longevity into previous alcohol consumption and it's been my birthday, Christmas and many other alcohol induced evenings recently.

I do think I have done enough over the last 5 years. It's been tough but I have always drank quite a bit anyway. This test will hopefully help me get back to normal if nothing else.

So you guys both drive? Why are you on here? Do you get paid? Do you enjoy mocking honest, decent, law abiding high risk offenders? Hmmmmm?? Hewl I still think you're a melt by the way.... ?

Oh and I think you paid guys need to check your data. I think it's 2.5% not 2.2%. Minutes don't mean squat.

http://impact.ref.ac.uk/casestudies2/refservice.svc/GetCaseStudyPDF/41298

i do drive
i am in paid employment but I do not get paid for offering advice on this forum, I do it in my own time, based on a wealth of experience both in helping to convict drink drivers, dealing with the fallout from drink drivers on victims and latterly helping people to get their licences back after disqualification for drink driving.
i will always help decent law abiding citizens. I will always help high risk offenders when I can, even if this means saying they should wait before their medical because of the realistic prospect of them failing otherwise. The law abiding bit of HRO help goes out of the window when people advocate lying and cheating to get their licence back by masking their results and failing to make proper disclosure on their application form. (You do realise from your research that this is an offence?)

Sadly, once AGAIN, you have not understood what you have quoted....... That is from a case study guidance notes reported in 2011 and yes, it was a suggestion from that piece of work that the "green" result should go up to 2.5 CDT. If you continue to read past that you will see that DVLA indicated that they would consider this...... They did...... And then decided that their "green" marker would only be up to 2.2 CDT which I correctly referred to in my link to the 2012 minutes which DO mean squat, they are minutes of the Medical Advisory Panel of DVLA who set the CDT markers so it is NOT research, it is FACT.
There are other references to the "green" DVLA marker being up to 2.2 but to be honest there comes a time when a person thinks they should not bother with further effort to counter spurious random "research" that another person puts on this forum with no understanding of that they have read.

Jjohno,
oh dear oh dear, you have not even real Hewl's post and understood that properly.....
He clearly meant that it was a nonsense to just abstain for 12 weeks and then go back to old habits whilst driving again, not that 12 weeks abstenance was not required to pass if you drink a lot. There has been no mention here or in the links you posted of eradicating "false positives", you are clearly looking to cheat the test.
Normally I stick to offering positive advice, but on this occasion i am happy that you take your test early, in the hope that failing gives you more time to consider how you intend to be more responsible on the road. Even teetotal people can produce CDT readings of 1.7 so I will you well with the ambitious result that you anticipate.
It has been said on here a number of times that people are happy to give support to drink drivers who show remorse and to offer constructive advice on how to get through the process, but I am struggling to see any positives out of what you have reported. I agree 5 years is a very long time to be without a licence, I would be the first to say that I would hate to be without my licence. But surely at some point, towards the end of that ban, it is not asking too much for a person to prepare to go back on the road, not to continue to drink at the levels you have reported and then look at how to fiddle the test for your own gain.

Price, he was being sarcastic about the 12 weeks towards Hewl. That's why he said he only needs 4 weeks.

M

Well said price1367, thats exactly what I meant

Sorry to interrupt you and price's "love in" and "like in" but the bloke is entitled to ask the question.

Lets get real here. If 20 thousand motorists were randomly given the DVLA medical over the next month, the fail rate would be shocking. Its like an MOT, and you get through it and then you are clear, because that is what you have to do.

Lets be honest, we all know that plenty of none convicted motorists could fail that test. That's people without previous drink drive convictions or any related problems with alcohol. In fact, the both of you could fail this test after returning from say a holiday for two weeks. Anybody could fail this test who drinks at the weekends only.

The integrity of the DVLA medical leaves a lot to be desired. All this guy is doing is trying to make sure that he passes. So fair play.

The fact that the DVLA ambush HROs with the very fact that they are HRO's at the end of their ban, and give them only five weeks notice to complete the medical, tells its own story really. And before any of you bother replying that it is six weeks not five, well, it runs from the date on the letter notifying a person of the requirement to complete the medical; and that letter is usually date marked 5 to 10 days earlier. So they steal a week right there. And that's not down to chance either.

M

Anyone is entitled to ask a question, but when they ask if a method will produce a "false positive" they are not going to get much support from sensible people who post here to support drink drivers to deal with the medical properly - and legally.
"All this guy is trying to do is make sure he passes" does not mean that we should condone or support him to give false information and commit an offence to get his licence back early. I have given him advice to pass the medical, stay off the booze and wait, but he wants to cheat. I do not call that "fair play"

The claim is that DVLA "ambush HRO's at the end of their ban."
5 weeks notice does not seem long to prepare on the face of it, but shortly after you are convicted you receive a letter from DVLA confirming that you are a High Risk offender and will have to submit to a medical at the end of the ban to see if you are suitable to get your licence back, so months, if not years, before the medical you are put on notice that your fitness to drive will be assessed.
The problem is that often I hear from drink drivers on the course (where we make sure again that people know if they are HRO, discuss the medical and the timescales involved) that either: "I didn't get a letter" - but they admit they have moved and not told DVLA or: "yes I got a letter from DVLA confirming that I was disqualified but I threw it away because I already knew that." and admit that they did not read the rest of it that tells them about the medical at the end of the ban.
There seems to be an abundance of "googling" taking place about CDT, Iron tablets and false negatives..... A little bit of research would show exactly what the medical involves and the timescales needed to pass.

The medical is not onerous, in fact 85% of people pass first time so if people think that DVLA doing their utmost to keep people off the road, then they are failing miserably as the vast majority pass. I am not claiming that the current medical process is as good as it could be, but I try to advise people on how it is, and not spend my time speculation about how many non drink drivers might fail the medical which does nothing to actually help people visiting this site for genuine advice.

Can I make a suggestion to everyone posting on this thread and other similar ones active at the moment....... Have a look at, say, your last 10 posts and be honest about how many of them were actually constructive and useful to the many people who not just post here, but visit to read and gather information to help them through a stressful time in their lives. i will....
There are other website forums where the sole purpose is to argue, like being at the pub, but I hope that this site can continue to be one that is of real use to drink drivers and their problems.
i don't expect 'likes' for this, but do hope for a more positive approach to the site and other posters who need help and advice.

Sorry to interrupt you and price's "love in" and "like in" but the bloke is entitled to ask the question.

No one said he isnt entitled to ask. He asked for thoughts not agreement. He got them.

The integrity of the DVLA medical leaves a lot to be desired. All this guy is doing is trying to make sure that he passes. So fair play.

By attempting to cheat the system I disagree it is 'fair play'

As for the rest of your post, I have no sympathy at all for the poor HRO's and what they must endure even after they have completed their disqualification. The situation they are all in is no ones fault but their own. If they cant change the same behaviour that got them in trouble in the first place then they havent taken responsibility for what they did. In my opinion the likelihood of these people re-offending is high and will remain high until they do take responsibility and change their lifestyle. Drinking got them in that mess in this first place (and in this case) they are still heavily drinking 5 years later! Is that really someone who should be given a licence to be on our roads??

I do agree there may well be thousands of people who would fail a CDT test but each and every HRO was caught drink driving so any consequence of that is again entirely there own doing. It reminds me of the old saying when someone is pulled for speeding "but the car in front was going faster Officer", that argument doesnt wash.

Ive said it once and i'll say it again, a driving licence is a privilege not a right.

This thread got my attention

Right lets say this does work ..Would it work for everyone ? or would it only work for people still drinking ..I for one am taking multi vitamins right now to give my liver a detox of sorts ..Am i doing this because im drinking ? No because i have not been drinking im more nervous of the fact my gamma gts were at 1000 due to gallstones ..So im thinking this cdt test i go to do will most lightly fail ..

So lets say we fill ourselves full of iron and we pass it ..Is this a good thing to advise people ? NO not at all due to the fact we would end up with allot of drunk drivers back on the road that have no interest in sorting there drinking habits ..I for one went threw allot of mental depressions/anxietys after my drink driving but i was in the middle of a break down threw losing my dad/boss/best mate rolled into one ..I learnt very fast that drink was not the answer but if the iron helps me pass then cool ..As i no FACT that drink is not going to hinder the cdt test due to me not drinking ,its just in case i fail due to liver problems gallstones etc .

mic,
Don't worry, you will not fail the CDT test from gallstones.
What will happen is that you may well produce a high CDT reading, but when they read your medical form you have to fill in, and it discloses your medical condition, they will check if this is correct with your GP and make allowances for this.

No one said he isnt entitled to ask. He asked for thoughts not agreement. He got them.

By attempting to cheat the system I disagree it is 'fair play'

As for the rest of your post, I have no sympathy at all for the poor HRO's and what they must endure even after they have completed their disqualification. The situation they are all in is no ones fault but their own. If they cant change the same behaviour that got them in trouble in the first place then they havent taken responsibility for what they did. In my opinion the likelihood of these people re-offending is high and will remain high until they do take responsibility and change their lifestyle. Drinking got them in that mess in this first place (and in this case) they are still heavily drinking 5 years later! Is that really someone who should be given a licence to be on our roads??

I do agree there may well be thousands of people who would fail a CDT test but each and every HRO was caught drink driving so any consequence of that is again entirely there own doing. It reminds me of the old saying when someone is pulled for speeding "but the car in front was going faster Officer", that argument doesnt wash.

Ive said it once and i'll say it again, a driving licence is a privilege not a right.

He has every right to cheat the system. The system has cheated him of his right to drive all for the sake of a minor misdemeanour, why shouldn't he apply the same rules?

The odds are stacked against HROs. Totally unfairly in my opinion. How can they hope to know when their medical is due? Count the months from when they were banned?

5 weeks notice is totally unfair.

M

He has every right to cheat the system. The system has cheated him of his right to drive all for the sake of a minor misdemeanour, why shouldn't he apply the same rules?

The odds are stacked against HROs. Totally unfairly in my opinion. How can they hope to know when their medical is due? Count the months from when they were banned?

M

I wouldn't call it the system cheating him, its the law and people have to abide by it or face the consequences. The UK has some of the most lenient limits and laws in the world concerning drink driving.

People can find out when their medical is due (narrowed down to approximately a few weeks) by simply finding out when their disqualification is due to expire, it is not rocket science or impossible. People have plenty of time to prepare for it, if people cannot abstain from drinking alcohol sensibly or altogether leading up to their medical then they obviously have a problem with alcohol or are not very bright individuals.

You may say people have the right to drink as much and as often as they want and it doesn't mean they will drink and drive. This is true to a certain extent, however, if people cannot or will not abstain or drink sensibly leading up to the medical then it is no ones fault but their own if they fail. In the case of people who cannot control their alcohol consumption, the likelihood of them drink driving again is obviously increased.

M

Why have you set up a profile in my username?

Moderators, can you sort this clown out please? He is clearly posing as me on this site.

What a sad idiot

M

I wouldn't call it the system cheating him, its the law and people have to abide by it or face the consequences. The UK has some of the most lenient limits and laws in the world concerning drink driving.

People can find out when their medical is due (narrowed down to approximately a few weeks) by simply finding out when their disqualification is due to expire, it is not rocket science or impossible. People have plenty of time to prepare for it, if people cannot abstain from drinking alcohol sensibly or altogether leading up to their medical then they obviously have a problem with alcohol or are not very bright individuals.

You may say people have the right to drink as much and as often as they want and it doesn't mean they will drink and drive. This is true to a certain extent, however, if people cannot or will not abstain or drink sensibly leading up to the medical then it is no ones fault but their own if they fail. In the case of people who cannot control their alcohol consumption, the likelihood of them drink driving again is obviously increased.

Moderator,

You have replied to someone who is posing as me on this site. This sad idiot has copied my use name and signature, but is clearly listed as a new member. I have already commented in this feed, so it is clear what this guy is trying to do.

Can you get that account blocked and get back to me please?

Regards

M

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off