Early release of licence ...

Convicted Driver Insurance

stupidgirl

Hi Guys,

I'm just after some advice from anybody who may be able to assist with an application for early release of disqualification (3 year one, due to officially end in 2017)? Maybe from Price...? :)

I've decided to make an early request application due to genuine circumstances and know the basic process of who to write to etc., but any advice would be great; possibly from people who may've gone through this process?

Thanks in advance :)
Chrissie x

Hi Chrissie,
you asked me about a reply, by name. I am glad you added your name to stop me calling you Stupidgirl!
the process is that you make a written application to the court that disqualified you. As to the timescale, you have to have served at least a half of your ban, subject to a minimum period of 2 years having elapsed rom the date you were banned.
i have known courts accept a written request, with the date of the hearing being scheduled for on, or just after the date you are eligible to apply. I have also known courts say that you cannot submit a request until the relevant date, which could mean a hearing some weeks later.
you can give an outline of the reason for your request in the letter. The court will notify the police to give them the chance to make any representations they see fit.
You need to talk about your change in circumstances since you were banned. Was the 3 years for a second offence in 10 years? If so, what have you done to address your drinking so that you will not be likely to commit yet another offence?
a ban is supposed to be a punishment, so it is not best for you to go on about how difficult it has been for you..... It's as supposed to be. What you should be putting forward is hardship that others are suffering, or job opportunities, particularly for others, that getting your licence back will create.
Have you done a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course? That would be likely to reduce the length of your ban by 9 months and can be used as evidence that you have addressed your drinking. You can still apply to the court for another 3 months reduction when you are at 2 years.
if you were not offered the course in court on the day, it is too late now to ask for one.
It is something that you can do yourself, but if you can afford it I would suggest spending a bit of money on a solicitor to present your case for you. Sometimes people making their own applications put forward circumstances tha they see as a good case to get a licence back early, but in fact they say things that count against them.

Yes I'd like to know about this too please. I am being sentenced next week having blown 59 on my second offence. The first time was entirely my own fault, this second time I genuinely thought I was OK. I have been told I fall into the 36-40 bracket although I am at the high end of it. I did the course before and since regaining my licence having worked away from home alot doing site visits. There has not been another incident during this time and it was due to spilting from my partner and family that on the fateful morning after I was stopped for speeding and got found out to be over the limit. I have also had to move and have been on redundancy scare for the last 3 months. Would this help my case for going on the course and renewing the information again I learn't prior to this. Also if I go on the course can I then apply to the court for a further 3 month reduction.

Many thanks

Hi :)

I have prepared a letter to submit to court for my application - I wondered whether you may be willing to proof-read it and let me know your thoughts, if this isn't too much trouble; though I understand if this is not something you would be willing to do?

Thanks
Chrissie

Hi Chrissie,
you asked me about a reply, by name. I am glad you added your name to stop me calling you Stupidgirl!
the process is that you make a written application to the court that disqualified you. As to the timescale, you have to have served at least a half of your ban, subject to a minimum period of 2 years having elapsed rom the date you were banned.
i have known courts accept a written request, with the date of the hearing being scheduled for on, or just after the date you are eligible to apply. I have also known courts say that you cannot submit a request until the relevant date, which could mean a hearing some weeks later.
you can give an outline of the reason for your request in the letter. The court will notify the police to give them the chance to make any representations they see fit.
You need to talk about your change in circumstances since you were banned. Was the 3 years for a second offence in 10 years? If so, what have you done to address your drinking so that you will not be likely to commit yet another offence?
a ban is supposed to be a punishment, so it is not best for you to go on about how difficult it has been for you..... It's as supposed to be. What you should be putting forward is hardship that others are suffering, or job opportunities, particularly for others, that getting your licence back will create.
Have you done a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course? That would be likely to reduce the length of your ban by 9 months and can be used as evidence that you have addressed your drinking. You can still apply to the court for another 3 months reduction when you are at 2 years.
if you were not offered the course in court on the day, it is too late now to ask for one.
It is something that you can do yourself, but if you can afford it I would suggest spending a bit of money on a solicitor to present your case for you. Sometimes people making their own applications put forward circumstances tha they see as a good case to get a licence back early, but in fact they say things that count against them.

Chrissie,
yes, send the application to me in a private message. I may not be able to look at it until the weekend as I am running the last day of a drink drive course tomorrow.

Great :) Thankyou so much. It will be tomorrow now as I've shut down the laptop, and the weekend is great, I really appreciate that :) x

Hi,
try to send it again, I have cleared some space in my 'inbox'

Well, I'm feeling rather frustrated and somewhat upset this evening, after appearing in court today for early release, only to be told that I have not had any significant changes in my circumstances to deem it suitable for return of my licence (Okay, let's hope one of the magistrates don't go through what I have over the past 4 years)!

Here was my letter to them ...

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Iwrite this letter as a request for an early release of my drivinglicense, following my disqualification executed 14[SUP]th[/SUP] May2014.[/FONT]

Idon't wish to make excuses for my actions, but feel my personalcircumstances at the time of my disqualification's to be a leadingcontributory factor.

Overthe past 4 years I have undergone many life changes, some of whichhave proven significantly psychologically challenging. I wasdiagnosed with an Anxiety disorder following a major house flood backin 2011, which forced me and my husband out of our home for 6 months,along with my 4-year old child and 9-month old baby. During thistime, my husband was made redundant from his full-time role. I thensuffered two miscarriages a little while later, just before myhusband suffered a major Stroke, which has resulted in permanentbrain damage and loss of cognitive abilities; he was then medicallyretired due to this. This resulted in me having to give up myfull-time career as an Office Administrator to become my husband'scarer and look after our children. These circumstances led tosignificant financial difficulty, and eventually, our family home wasrepossessed.

Ihave since sought help in numerous forms for the issues I havedetailed above; I underwent a course of Cognitive behavioural Therapyfor Anxiety, alongside a brief course of medication which helpedimmensely.

Icontinue to care for both my husband and my children and am currentlya University student, studying towards a Bsc Honours in Psychologywith the Open University. My husband requires considerableassistance, which includes regular attendance at various hospital andclinic appointments; unfortunately, as I unable to drive him to theseappointments, he occasionally struggles to attend – this is myessential reason for submitting this application, as it would beexceptionally beneficial if I could now be in a position to whollyfulfil my role as his carer.

Mysubsequent reason for my application is based upon my other role as astudent, as I regularly have the opportunity to attend tutorials andlectures, some of which are held in other cities - I do find it muchmore difficult due to the unreliability and unpredictability ofpublic transport.

Ihave not had to seek medical / professional help for alcoholdependence as my 2 conviction's were ironically isolated incidents,though I do now have a better understanding of the timescale thatmust be applied between being under the influence of alcohol anddriving a motor vehicle.

Iunderstand and acknowledge the extent of my 2 convictions and haveaccepted and appreciated my punishment(s). I am now in a verydifferent place in my life, both socially and psychologically and canprovide stable reassurance that I will not find myself in thisposition again.

Ican only hope that my application will be taken into consideration.

Yourssincerely...

Now I have been the first to acknowledge and accept the seriousness of my stupidness, yes, twice (unfortunately) and have beaten myself up incredibly but I am in a position where I am trying to move on with my life and put this chapter behind me. I'm a big believer in rehabilitation (ironically, that's the career path I'm hoping to take).

Yet, here, today - I, an articulate, intelligent, remorseful character is rejected as my circumstances (all stated in my letter above) are not deemed, to quote, "significant enough"...!! So WTF would they deem 'significant enough' to qualify for an early release??

I'm feeling very much "what's the point?" right now...What's the point in me trying to better myself and my life when I am just kicked right back down again, yet the Law seems to be so in favour of light punishment for paedophile's? :mad:

P.S. Apologies for the poor grammar / punctuation in the blue text as the copy & paste has messed it up a little for some reason...:mad:

I was band in 2014 for dd 44 months ban I done 24 months sent a email to the court witch band me saying. Under section 44 traffic act blah blah blah /basically any ban over 2 years you. Can take it back to court to challenge it witch I did and won on the 6.04.
Had no soliciter/. Medical was on the 8.06.2016 /. Just wating now

Courts gave 42 months ban served 24 months / £100 fine / 120 hours service done 38 squashed due to working 7 days a week working away / 12 months probation reduced to 2 months plus a dd course didn't not attend

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off