Medical time

Convicted Driver Insurance

micc

Im going to try give people time scales etc to how long the whole process takes

Sent away for new licence (13.01.2016) -Postal order

Received letter to book medical (25.01,2016)

Will book a medical on Monday (1.02.2016)

I think im going to fail the medical due to the pain killers ive been on for a long time .Not sure if they will class it as abuse or what doctor says nope .Im on codeine/Valium/Matrazipine

And have gallstones ..My doctor says when i get the letter to go to medical to make an app with her ..But i think im as good as just going answering correct and see where it goes .

Got my letter telling me to go for my medical 2 days ago... phoned the medical centre and they say they only have one appointment which is in 4 weeks time, and only one time slot at 10.50 am and nothing else in the 6 week period.. its also a 40 mile round trip to the medical centre in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere miles from any train station lol.. great! considering I cant drive its the worse possible scenario!.If i missed that appointment I wouldnt get one for another month apparently which would be outside the DVLA 6 week window. There used to be a dr surgery 3 miles from my house and there are literally thousands of doctors they could appoint between me and this one. talk about making things difficult!

Got my letter telling me to go for my medical 2 days ago... phoned the medical centre and they say they only have one appointment which is in 4 weeks time, and only one time slot at 10.50 am and nothing else in the 6 week period.. its also a 40 mile round trip to the medical centre in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere miles from any train station lol.. great! considering I cant drive its the worse possible scenario!.If i missed that appointment I wouldnt get one for another month apparently which would be outside the DVLA 6 week window. There used to be a dr surgery 3 miles from my house and there are literally thousands of doctors they could appoint between me and this one. talk about making things difficult!
i thought i was bad i went and paid for mines today £98 they wanted a £20 deposit but i paid it all got an appointment on the 16th ..I do expect to fail mines so i aint to worried , if i was given a place 40 miles away id demand somewhere more accessible,what happens if your allocated doc wanted a deposit ude need to make 2 trips ..Mines is 1 mile from my door

i thought i was bad i went and paid for mines today £98 they wanted a £20 deposit but i paid it all got an appointment on the 16th ..I do expect to fail mines so i aint to worried , if i was given a place 40 miles away id demand somewhere more accessible,what happens if your allocated doc wanted a deposit ude need to make 2 trips ..Mines is 1 mile from my door

I phoned them today to ask if there was somewhere closer and they were surprised themselves that there isnt. .they told me I could change it to one in Wales that was close to a train station lol.. my letter from the doctor also said i needed to do a urine sample so i mentioned it to the dvla and they said i should call them and tell them that the dvla dont want a urine sample and dont ever request them anymore. the dvla man on the fone also told me that if my cdt score was fine and i answered no to drink and drug problems on the questionaire then they would not attempt to write to my doctor. only if i didnt get a green pass and answered yes on the questionaire or gave the dvla doctor a reason to be suspicious would they write to my dr. I should be fine i will have been tee total for 12 weeks by the time i have the test..

This might help explain the issue with gallstones better than the article you have quoted:

Advanced cholestatic liver disease: In patients whose bile ducts areobstructed or damaged by disease e.g. primary biliary cirrhosis, primarysclerosing cholangitis, gallstones or liver/pancreatic cancer, removal of CDTfrom the blood is reduced leading to raised CDT levels. This can be excludedin the case in question by the normal biochemical liver tests as the diseaseneeds to be severe for there to be an effect on CDT.

source:
http://www.viapath.co.uk/sites/default/files/upload/BloodSciences/cdt report2.pdf

You see that it says the gallstones have to be severe for it to impact on CDT.
The important thing is to declare the gallstones on the medical questionnaire. If your CDT comes back high, they will check your medical history with your doctor and take this into account.

Thanks .I will be telling them i have gallstones .And thanks for that part about gallstones i did get round to finding that last night .On my letter after mri scan i was told indeed i have gallstones but not in the bilinery duct .My now worry is the medication im on ..However my doctor said that it does not matter that im on a high amount of meds because im not "away with it" while on these meds ..She said lets say i take what you have then yes id advice not to drive because they would make me unfit but your used to them ..It asked on the first part if i had any dependencies etc i answered no .. As i thought they meant to illegal drugs .My medical is on the 16th ..I am drinking 4 ltrs of water a day to have a decent flush will see how it goes :) .

Had my medical today ..

First of had a laugh with the doctor ..Good start

She explained there was a questionnaire now all these people asking or mentioning do i mention if i smoke cannabis (Answer no)

The doctor asked all different drink questions which i answered truly and she new i was telling the truth .

Remember Illicit drugs are ones you buy on the streets so even if your prescribed benzos and it asks do you take any benzodispine answer NO ..Unless your really buying them ..She flew threw the questions then i mentioned what meds i was on ..She said "WOW" i said what? she said no its fine that just seems allot looking from a doctors point of view ..She said the Dvla will look into that but everyone's circumstances are different . She asked the last time i had a drink i said this morning to settle my nerves ,she laughed ..She got me to take my top of and my shoes weighed me/got me on the table felt around , then took blood and said thats you everything seems fine .Hopefully you get your licence back .

So everyone worried about the medical there is no point as all there doing is a medical they aint trying to trick you ..Its the dvla choice ..I will now make an app with my doctor to tell her what i said and im sure she will agree ..I did forget to mention my anti depressant meds but the doc seemed cool ..Now just to wait on the dvla reply which i do think if the doctor was shocked at my meds then the dvla will maybe say the same so maybe get refused who knows ..I will keep everyone up to date and fail or pass i shall do a full review from start to finish :) .

This thread has been quite helpful for times etc.
I can apply for my licence middle of March and I'm scared for my medical. Unsure how long to cut out on the alcohol, not drank an awful lot these last few weeks but was planning going completely free from now until I've done my medical.
Hoping that from applying date, it will only be around a month.
Look forward to hearing the outcome.

Fingers crossed you will soon be back on the roads. broooooooooooom

Abstenance is best, but if you are only having a drink here and there then your levels will still come down.
by "a drink" I do mean just that, one drink. Someone on here recently mentioned having "a drink" at Christmas and another at new year..... And it turned out it was a bottle of whisky each time!

Someone on here recently mentioned having "a drink" at Christmas and another at new year..... And it turned out it was a bottle of whisky each time!

A BOTTLE, I mean, I can do a bottle of wine on a night out no problem but a bottle of whiskey is pftttttttttt!! I wouldn't manage half lol!
Anyway, I'm think surely 6-8 weeks without any should be ok :)

The doc asked me how much i drunk when i did have a drink ..And i did tell a little white lie ..I said i had 6 cans of beer my last drink when in fact it was closer to 15 ..But right now id not class myself as any sort of drinker as i can take it or leave it ..I do understand people like a drink here and there but if yous really want your license back just say well its only a month or such without a drink ..Not sure why anyone couldn't stop for one month lol but everyone's different .

I mean, I can drink to excess on a night out but I only drink at weekends.
I'm calming down before the medical though because I really want my licence back! It's making me feel very nervous though. It's the waiting around for the results when I will be worried most I think.
Hopefully yours come back soon though :)

I mean, I can drink to excess on a night out but I only drink at weekends.
I'm calming down before the medical though because I really want my licence back! It's making me feel very nervous though. It's the waiting around for the results when I will be worried most I think.
Hopefully yours come back soon though :)

I think HRO "criminals" get treated far worse than any other driver ..Yes we have committed a crime ,which im sure for at the time and threw out the ban paid for ..But for me i think the whole having to stop drinking for a month is ott ,for example i went away for my 30th birthday this weekend ..I had 4 drinks the whole 2 day stay ,had i been in the mood id have had 15 pints easy ..Im sure these doctors and dvla staff are the same ,NO one sticks to these 2-3 units imo ..But hey ho ..Right now im just awaiting my reply hopefully my license just comes and thats it lol .

checked my license status online and it says this

[h=2]Licence details[/h]Driving statusYou have a full driving licenceLicence valid from23 Feb 2016Licence valid to17 Apr 2020

So i guess i passed ? :D

My medical was under a week ago and my license was issued yesterday ..They would not tell me the medical results but i did take allot of vitimins/iron etc maybe to much :D .

Sent away for new licence (13.01.2016) -Postal order

Received letter to book medical (25.01,2016)

Will book a medical on Monday (1.02.2016)

Got medical 16/02/2016

recieved conformation i had passed my medical on 21/02/2016

To pass the medical i hadnt drunk for 4 weeks before ..I had taken loads of vitamins and drunk 2 ltrs of water a day ..I did not mention every med i was on only the 2 main ones ..No contact was made to my doctor .License issued and will receive it tomorrow .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off