DVLA Medical Help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Eejit7

I was banned in 2014 for 12 months for Failure to Provide a Specimen of Breath. My ban expired last month and I'm about to send away the form to re-apply for my license.

I've already spoken to my Dr who has looked over my history and she cannot see anything which SHE would say would stop me getting my license back. However... I was referred to a program in Aug/Sep 2015 for Anxiety and the referral letter stated "occasional alcohol misuse". Would DVLA refuse me because of this? Like I say Dr says that is not a big problem as I have never needed any treatment relating directly to alcohol use.

Should I delay my application or do you think it would be ok? Any advice is appreciated.

Also with regards to the questionnaire, should I say I have misused in the past 3 years which of course I have but then again who hasn't?

I don't drink much any more so I'm confident of passing CDT but just worried DVLA will refuse due to what I stated above eventhough my own Dr sees no issues.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

I would think that the words 'occasional alcohol abuse' was used in the letter to help set out your situation in relation to your anxiety, and was not intended to be a diagnosis in its own right. Your doctor says she has no concerns and I think DVLA will be OK with it.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off