What car? Family car with insurance in mind...

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jackg100

Hi all,

Just been banned for 12 months after course and am thinking about when I get back on the road so I know what to expect...

When I get my license back I'll be 28 and passed my test at 18. Need a car that seats 5 with a decent size boot. What cars are reasonable on insurance?

Been considering cars like Ford Focus/mondeo or perhaps skoda octavia's...

Looking on price comparison websites a Ford Focus seems to come in at about £1k at the cheapest...

Can I keep no claims having not had insurance for 5 years?

Thanks.

Thanks.

No. Your no claims discount will be valid in the eyes of most insurers for a period of two years since the expiration of your last insurance policy, however some insurance companies will accept no claims discount for a period three years since the expiration of your last insurance policy.

If you haven't held insurance for a period of five years then you will have to start from scratch with zero years no claims discount.

Hi all,

Just been banned for 12 months after course and am thinking about when I get back on the road so I know what to expect...

When I get my license back I'll be 28 and passed my test at 18. Need a car that seats 5 with a decent size boot. What cars are reasonable on insurance?

Been considering cars like Ford Focus/mondeo or perhaps skoda octavia's...

Looking on price comparison websites a Ford Focus seems to come in at about £1k at the cheapest...

Thanks.

i can't really comment on the best make of car for insurance with a drink drive conviction, but classic cars of any make are usually the cheapest, but you have to be prepared for the increased maintenance cost! (That means cars over 25 years old)
As to the question about no claims, is is usually only recognised by insurance companies for 2 years. There are a few that will take no claims up to 3 years but I am not aware of any company that goes longer than that.SORRY, I see I have just duplicated what the Moderator put, after I started to reply but got delayed.... It must be rit thou, as we both agree!

Thanks for the replies.

Apologies, typo, will have 5 years no claims but no insurance for the 12 month length of my ban. So I guess that means I can keep my no claims, that's good news!

I guess it'll just be a case of plugging in cars and seeing what works. I'd consider around £1k reasonable given the circumstances...

Thanks.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off