is it a standard procedure?

Convicted Driver Insurance

ellen1

Hi Guys,
so i went for medical, did my blood test and I expect it was zero, since I hadn't had a drop for 3 month. Did the questionaire and there in the end the asked for a consent to disclose or contact my GP something like that, which I didn't understand. Why disclose a report to my GP? I have made a stupid mistake, but I have never had this medical problem, never went to rehab etc. Anyway, i just ticked "yes", just in case, so it wouldn't cause any problems. Now they have written to me that they are waiting for my GP to confirm, that i am Ok to drive. Is it a standard procedure? As I said, i have never been to a doctor with drink problem, however I have been to the doctors with depression, she proscribed medication, but I have decided against it and taken a therapy instead. Also i had a vertigo due to inner ear infection, which was treated. Is it going to affect the decision? Plus I am not even sure who my Gp is, I have not seen her for a while, I gave them the address, but I am not 100% sure who my GP is, as they change. They said it may take 6 weeks! Ok I still have time till January, which is when I supposed to get my licence back. But could you please let me know, do they do it to everybody?

Hello i just had the same sort of thing, They contacted my GP for more information , The man said its pretty common, can just answer one thing on questionnaire and they will contact your GP, So don't worry i had all sorts going through my head why are they contacting my GP is there something wrong with blood test now the quickest way to get your license and this dealt with is by getting your doctor to fax the questionnaire back to the dvla, my doctors has sent back my questionnaire today i hope, So apparently its 3-4 days after that to go on the system and then they make a decision and same as me iv never been to the doctors regarding alcohol problems and have had anxiety and health anxiety, good luck with getting it back dont worry if you aint drank you aint got a worry

Hello i just had the same sort of thing, They contacted my GP for more information , The man said its pretty common, can just answer one thing on questionnaire and they will contact your GP, So don't worry i had all sorts going through my head why are they contacting my GP is there something wrong with blood test now the quickest way to get your license and this dealt with is by getting your doctor to fax the questionnaire back to the dvla, my doctors has sent back my questionnaire today i hope, So apparently its 3-4 days after that to go on the system and then they make a decision and same as me iv never been to the doctors regarding alcohol problems and have had anxiety and health anxiety, good luck with getting it back dont worry if you aint drank you aint got a worry
Hi sillyboy, thanks, do you think i need to go and book an appointment with my GP just to ask her to send this back? I think I shouldn't have answered yes on any questions hen, should have just lied on everything, i only answered yes, i think on one saying: has anybody been concerend about your drinking, i said yes, but not in the past year. I mean, we all had concerns probably, otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation, but in the past year - no. mb some relative, like mum said something at some point, but mb i should have lied about it. they just want ppl to lie, don't they? do you think they may order another blood test? the think is I have drunk since then, I went to a big party and drunk, so I cannot have another blood test for 6 weeks.

Hey no i wouldnt book up a appointment i would just call up and express the importance of having them fill your questionair in and send it back via fax, I had to ring about 4 times to get to that stage, lol, But if you havent been to doctors about anything alcohol related your be fine, I answered yes to misuing alcohol in past 3 years and having a accident due to drinking, So i guess they are the reasons that flagged up on there system for them to contact the doctor , I really wouldnt worry to much, Im always here to chat if u want any other advice or anything, i know its a scary long boring process especially the whole gp stuff,

Thanks

Tony

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off