Medical Results Arrived today, not good

Convicted Driver Insurance

James8889

So I'm wondering where I can go from here.

Banned for 18 months for failure to provide back in March 2014.

Did my Medical 20th (Tues) Oct.

They're saying my CDT was 3.4%. Prior to the medical, I stupidly didn't do much research about it and as such didn't do any kind of abstinence routine (only just found this site). I'm 31 yo and I've been in the army for the last 12 years so i can safely say I'm not dependant on alcohol and can get plenty of references to attest that.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any success in writing to the DVLA to be retested or appeal, or appealing with the magistrates.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am afraid that references will not be taken as being more correct that CDT reading of 3.4 which is accepted as being firm evidence of alcohol consumption above a reasonable level. (2.9 is the upper limit, 2.3 to 2.9 is a level for some concern)
you should talk to your GP and ask for an examination, or tests, to show if there is a medical matter that could have raised the CDT result, but there are hardly any causes where there would not be obvious physicals signs.
DVLA are firm on not allowing people to apply again for a set period, usually 12 months. It is possible to appeal to a magistrates court against their decision, but what firm evidence could you introduce to refute the certain result of 3.4? References from friends and aquaintances saying they do not think you drink too much are opinions, but not evidence. I do not believe that an appeal on this basis has any chance of success.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off