DVLA Medical, Contacting my Doctor, Is this normal?

Convicted Driver Insurance

sigreen2002

I was due to get my licence back at the beginning of them month. I have been for my medical and have been waiting for my letter. I have received a letter from dvla to say they are contacting my GP and have to wait four more weeks until a decision has been made. Is this normal? Im a 29 year old male who drinks to much but is not addicted. Am i right in thinking that my blood were amber and I have not been refused? Can anyone shed some light would be great. Simon

Hi sigreen I can sometimes be normal practice they did that to me my reading was high and I think they generally contact your GP to find out if you,ve been to your doctor regarding drink problems as long as there is no record on your GP record you should be fine I had to wait but all was ok in the end and also got my class 1 HGV entitlement back just covering their own arses I think

Hi sigreen I can sometimes be normal practice they did that to me my reading was high and I think they generally contact your GP to find out if you,ve been to your doctor regarding drink problems as long as there is no record on your GP record you should be fine I had to wait but all was ok in the end and also got my class 1 HGV entitlement back just covering their own arses I think

Hi Flynno, just wondering if you ever found out what your reading came back as? Also,
how much generally do you drink and did you have any days/weeks without alchohol leading up to the medical?

I have my medical soon and just curious.

Thanks

Hi Flynno, just wondering if you ever found out what your reading came back as? Also,
how much generally do you drink and did you have any days/weeks without alchohol leading up to the medical?

I have my medical soon and just curious.

Thanks
Hi squibs no never got a reading back don,t think they tell you well didn,t me anyway I drink most days of the week but before I took my medical I stayed off it for 5 and a half weeks I know some who drank up to the medical but I didn,t wan,t to take the chance and still wrote to my GP

Oh OK fair enough. I'm guessing you answered yes to having drink problems within the last three years and that's why they chose to contact your GP. You really shouldn't have a high reading after 5 and a half weeks off!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off