DVLA Medical - Any advice welcome

Convicted Driver Insurance

squibbs

Hi everyone,

I have reapplied for my licence after being disqualified and not driving for a number of years. DVLA have received my application and I'm now waiting for their letter advising where I need to go for the medical. I'm in England and was wondering if anyone has any up to date advice/experiences regarding the medical - questions asked, process etc.

I know there are similar posts from previous years but if anyone is willing to provide some info, I would be most grateful and hopefully less stressed about the whole thing!

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to respond to my thread, as I was kinda hoping for some responses by now!

Thanks!

Hi, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to respond to my thread, as I was kinda hoping for some responses by now!

Thanks!

This questionnaire should give you an idea of the questions asked at the medical. Alongside the questions asked you will be required to provide a blood sample which test the CDT (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin) biomarker, you can read more here. The DVLA may well contact your own GP for additional information.

I would suggest you completely abstain from drinking alcohol or stick to the lower risk daily consumption guidelines for alcohol for 6-8 weeks leading up to the medical. You can also use the forum search feature to find up to date threads/posts about the DVLA medical. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off