Prepare for the worst?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bungleok

Hi please could.somebody give me.some.information
My husband was charged with and dangerous driving.on saturday night. He blew 80.
He has already been charged with driving under the influence but has since had his licence returned.
He cooperated and was very remorseful. He is absolutely devastated, as am.I.

Obviously we understand the ban and the hefty fine but I am worried about him.going to.prison. I am thinking of putting my house up for sale because if he goes to.prison,he would lose his job and there is no way I could afford.to live here!!!

Would a prison sentence be considered? Or would a suspended sentence/tagging scheme be considered first,?

Please.help.
Thanks

Hi is this your husbands first offence? Was anyone hurt? I made a stupid mistake doing what i did. I rolled my car and was lucky no one else involved and blew 111. I was extremely remorseful in court and ended up with approx 500 fine year probation 2 years disqualified with an awareness course included. I was also offered the course to reduce the ban by 25%. I know every case is different and my solicitor was shocked i did not get a suspended sentence. I cannot see your husband getting jailed unless he hurt someone but i am not qualified to confirm yes or no. I hope i have put you at ease a bit.

Thank.you for replying x
No, nobody was hurt and no accident.

It is his second dui
offence :(

I am.at my wits end :(

Thank.you for replying x
No, nobody was hurt and no accident.

It is his second dui
offence :(

I am.at my wits end :(

Im really sorry but im not qualified to say if he will or wont but hopefully it will just be a suspended sentence. Hopefully someone else may have an idea. You can ask a solicitor on this website through the forum. Maybe they can help. Hope it goes ok xx

When was his previous conviction, and how long was that ban?
what are the details of the dangerous driving allegation? The police do not often charge dangerous driving as well as drink driving - unless there is evidence of very poor driving putting others at risk. Has he actually been given a charge sheet with those 2 separate offences on it?

Previous conviction 2 years ago. Blew 55 .18 months but reduced after the course.
Yes 2 charges in one sheet. Not sure of exact info.no accident, ni passengers no.going down road wrlng way etc..........

Because of the previous drink drive conviction, your husband will get a minimum 3 year ban this time.
He will not be offered another drink drive rehabilitation course because he has been caught again only 10 months or so after getting his licence back.
if convicted of drink driving and dangerous driving he could be looking at a 4 year ban, plus they could go up into the next sentencing bracket and give him a community order, or even custody if people were put at risk by his driving - this could include people having to jump out of the way, or vehicles swerving to avoid his car.
you need to get an honest picture from your husband as to what his driving was like. If it was not too bad, it is possible that an approach to be made to CPS on the day with an offer to plead guilty to the drink driving and ask that the dangerous driving be dropped in view of the likely punishment for the drink driving. It would be much better for him if he could be sentenced for just drink driving, with aggravation features being his previous and evidence of poor driving rather than having the 2 separate convictions. It would certainly make insurance a little bit better after the ban, and mean that the risk of custody is considerably lessened.
Does he have a drink problem, or does he just have poor judgement?

Last edited:
Well this has been the longest few months of.my life. Case was adjourned to crown court as seen as too serious for magistrates. Sentencing was friday. He had 3 year ban, 6 months sentence, suspended for 24 months, 150 hours community service and almost 1000 pounds in court costs. Just glad.its all over and that he was able to come home with me. Thanks for.all your input x

Thanks for letting us know the outcome, I thought it was going to be bad for him, but at least it was suspended.......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off