Do I apply for a drivers jobs that requires a clean licence???

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ls06

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum. I was looking for some advice. The question has probably been asked before but as mentioned above still need to find my way round the forum.

My question is, I was convicted for drink driving in 2008 and since then never been in trouble with the law for any motoring offence or criminal. Can I apply for a job that requires a clean drivers licence?

The only reason I ask is yeah I know it technically isn't clean until 2019 but in the eyes of the law and dvla my conviction is spent and will not show on the new licence check procedure and most insurance companies only ask for convictions in the past 3 to 5 years.

Thanks Liam

You do not have to declare a conviction for drink driving which is over 5 years old, unless you are applying for a job that requires a DBS check. For any other job applications, you have a clean licence.

You do not have to declare a conviction for drink driving which is over 5 years old, unless you are applying for a job that requires a DBS check. For any other job applications, you have a clean licence.

Thanks for the quick response, maybe that career change isn't out the window after all.

Liam

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off