Criminal Record Effect on Employment

Convicted Driver Insurance

MasieDaze

Hi

I'm new to this only found it tonight after checking how a DD affects a CRB check!!! I wasn't actually caught behind a wheel or even in the car!!! I know it sounds corny but my car was parked on the road and I had gone to get something out of it (a big lesson learnt). I received a 24 month ban (reduced if I do the course) but my concern is the time it remains as a conviction. Before my ban I worked with elderly vunerable adults and now I find it could ruin my chances of ever working with them again.

Can anyone advise me on the getting back into employment bit please?????

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The rules on DBS (CRB) check altered last year. Offences used to be declareable for life, but now, if it is your only conviction, then it will not show up, and doesn't have to be declared, after 11 years.
you will see examples on this forum of people getting employment a teachers, not only having a drink drive conviction but whilst still disqualified.
If you work in residential care, it should not impact on you getting a job. If you do home visits, it will only impact on your insurance when you start driving again.

HI

Thankyou so much you have taken a great weight of my mind as I don't think that people understand the whole picture of this convicition.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off